sharetrader
Page 310 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2102603003063073083093103113123133143203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 14176
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Only a lazy 100m shares has been issued to the underwriters and sub-underwriters who can begin to sell them from tomorrow (16 June) on NZX and 17 June on ASX.

At the 16c they are trading at, that's a nice 33% windfall gain for them - so should be interesting to see if they take the gains or keep the shares for the long haul!
    They should hold them for the 35-40c takeover offer that is just around the corner...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    They should hold them for the 35-40c takeover offer that is just around the corner...
    They need to fill my order first.

Still not on my Computershare register ....... time for another cider mistaTea

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Still not on my Computershare register ....... time for another cider mistaTea
    It will be there tomorrow, have no fear.

Make it a Rekorderlig.

Make it a Rekorderlig.
    Make that 2 ciders. One for you

Make it a Rekorderlig.
    For the record Rekordelig is not a cider.
    Its just lolly water. No apples used to make it.
    Try something like Zeffer cider or Three wise birds. Amazing ciders and Zeffer does a amazing apple crumble cider. Don't buy fakes 🙂😜

Advanced Member

When the take over doesn't happen, but you know it's happening soon...

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"

Hold fast here men. The take over is coming. We just need to give it more time. Let's try again tomorrow, once more.

The selling is likely coming from cashed strapped sophs, perhaps Perpetual again, who need to free up funds and take advantage of other market opportunities in the recent turmoil. Or, oblivious retail holders thinking the stock is in a down trend and have no idea a take over is imminent. Or, the UBS trading desk who have nothing better to do.

Remember sophs like to buy and sell while accumulating and vice versa. A drop down from 18 to 16 doesn't mean much. Similarly, if it trades back up to 18-20 again that's mealiness too. It's just churning the TERP range and like I've always said on this thread you need 2-3 weeks post retail entitlement for a move up to 22-25, as loose stock is absorbed.

The volume today suggests that it's in a 'wait and see' mode with the typical Sharesies 'fill and sell' in the morning, and then the usual dump at close. Nothing interesting happening really.

I thought Sky had a great weekend with the resumption of sport. Things look like they are back to normal. A major de-risking in my opinion.

The Augusta take over today is a prime example of false 'bottom fishing'. The fallacy that if it was worth X before Covid it must be X -1. This is just lazy economics. Metlifecare is another prime example. Sure, some heavily exposed companies have been effected, but only 1-2 years of earnings worth, that's all. The housing market is solid and most prime stocks overseas are hitting new highs. With the economy fully supported by the government, there is always going to be discretionary spending available to consumers, especially for Pay TV, as that will be one of the last things a family household will cut. Factor in reduced sporting right expenses for Sky, and you could make a case that Covid is a positive.

Weather a take over comes tomorrow, next week, or next month, it doesn't matter. Provided the following does not happen:

A) IFT make an announcement regarding another take over.
    B) Prime institutional holders start selling significant parcels, example; Black Crane, ACC, Vandguard.

Other things to look forward to in the short term = Forsyth Barr buy recommendation. You know it's coming, as we pretty much paid for it and about time these muppets did something useful.

One thing I do know is that Martin won't want to front up to a shareholder meeting. Just lol if Handley shows his face. The only meeting shareholders want to attend is a take over one. With end of financial year coming, and both Vodafone and Sky restructuring, it's time for Sky to finally 'rest in peace' and be removed from the NZX and away from all the hecklers. Everyone has an opinion on this stock, as everyone just about has or had Sky. For good or bad this company isn't going away from the NZ media landscape. Shareholders win or lose but the consumer will always benefit.

Cry 'God for Vodafone! IFT! And Brooksfield!'

IMO

Hi Ogg, i havnt read many threads and there are alot of posts. How do you value SKY.? Any breakdown there? Current mkt cap of re $231 mill plus spp, that sounds like quite alot for what exactly? Assets, earnings ever shrinking, competition encroaching from everywhere.Demographics changing fast, just a few older slow adjusting blokes like me subscribing to it still. Im just about embarrassed to admit it, not so good at tech.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hi Ogg, i havnt read many threads and there are alot of posts. How do you value SKY.? Any breakdown there? Current mkt cap of re $231 mill plus spp, that sounds like quite alot for what exactly? Assets, earnings ever shrinking, competition encroaching from everywhere.Demographics changing fast, just a few older slow adjusting blokes like me subscribing to it still. Im just about embarrassed to admit it, not so good at tech.
    Assets/earnings are shrinking but from a high base. The business today remains moderately profitable with sustainable margin. There is growth opportunities in broadband/mobile (bundling), streaming (Neon+Rugby pass), and also the increase in NZ population over time.

Competitors have breached the moat, but the castle walls still remain. Sky still has a dominate market position in NZ which is unlikely to change in the short to medium term.

Demographics are changing but changing slowly. The baby boomer generation maybe slowly declining but the millennial generation embraces multi entertainment options, ie they watch TV and mobile at the same time.

Television as a central media outlet for the typical household will not change. Coaxial cable with satellite will remain the most preferred connection method.

With a market capitaliszation of $180m USD, and with rumors of a take over, Sky offers a great investment opportunity for active investors or those value investors looking for a long term investment with the possibility of a high yield dividend in the medium term.

Strong buy.

DYOR.

Has everyone shares shown up yet