sharetrader
Page 312 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2122623023083093103113123133143153163223624128121312 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 14173
    Guru

I reckon if I turned up to Sky HQ right now I would find Mark Bogoievski and Jason Paris there.

Thumping the table at Martin and Philip. They, in turn, thumping the table right back.

It’s not enough to take another kiwi company off the NZX just based on current SP, they will insist. To get our endorsement the price needs to be tied to intrinsic value...

Advanced Member

Martin Stewart before and after the take over negotiations

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...warriors-games

That's what I like to see. The app worked well for all the games I watched. Good numbers considering it was based off 3 games

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I reckon if I turned up to Sky HQ right now I would find Mark Bogoievski and Jason Paris there.

Thumping the table at Martin and Philip. They, in turn, thumping the table right back.

It’s not enough to take another kiwi company off the NZX just based on current SP, they will insist. To get our endorsement the price needs to be tied to intrinsic value...
    Given Sky TV somehow managed to not go up today, a day when a listed corner dairy would probably have gone up by 5%, if a takeover is imminent, there definitely isn't any insider trading happening! *cough*
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Given Sky TV somehow managed to not go up today, a day when a listed corner dairy would probably have gone up by 5%, if a takeover is imminent, there definitely isn't any insider trading happening! *cough*
    I am actually surprised the SP held its ground today and didn’t drop sub 15c now that more 12c shares have been released. I just assumed Goldman and Forsyth would start dumping right away.

There was an article in the Herald a while back with Martin lamenting the low SP. At the time the SP was ~70c which gave the company a MC of about $300M. He thought the company was significantly undervalued (it was).

Anyway if you just add the CR funds to the MC that he thought was low you get $450M which is about 26c/share now.

But wait a second! If Martin thought the pre-CR market cap was was undervalued by all rights he should expect more than $450M post-CR.

It would not be unreasonable for him to expect another $150M which would be 35c per share. IFT will be offering less of course, but if Martin and The Board endorse anything below 35c I think it would make an absolute mockery of their previous commentary on the low SP.

Membaa

Are IFT, or anyone else for that matter actually interested in a buy out, does anyone know for a fact, or is this some illusion conjured up in the minds of the desperate and dateless? The banter fills a void on a discussion group but if it it’s only banter it means nothing.

Just asking

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Are IFT, or anyone else for that matter actually interested in a buy out, does anyone know for a fact, or is this some illusion conjured up in the minds of the desperate and dateless? The banter fills a void on a discussion group but if it it’s only banter it means nothing.

Just asking
    How the Hell would you expect any of us to know that IFT are about to buy Sky ‘for a fact’?

Christ mate - think about what you are asking!

I do not believe any of us are insider trading. There is a chance that Ogg is Martin Stewart I suppose...

Of course this is all speculation!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    How the Hell would you expect any of us to know that IFT are about to buy Sky ‘for a fact’?

Christ mate - think about what you are asking!

I do not believe any of us are insider trading. There is a chance that Ogg is Martin Stewart I suppose...

Of course this is all speculation!
    Christ mate (unnecessary), as the banter drags on and the thread history folds into distant memory, more and more it looked like the banter had some basis in fact. So thanks for confirming that it is all speculation unfounded in any factually substantiated information.

Back to hoping this finds a floor at the raising price and a company turnaround eventuates. That’s the only facts readers need to know. The rest is just hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-bobby View Post
    From what I have heard, nothing is signed but is getting close. Don’t know the parties involved but apparently big... sorry that’s all iv got
    This was the most credible source of a takeover. The others have been theories.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Christ mate (unnecessary), as the banter drags on and the thread history folds into distant memory, more and more it looked like the banter had some basis in fact. So thanks for confirming that it is all speculation unfounded in any factually substantiated information.

Back to hoping this finds a floor at the raising price and a company turnaround eventuates. That’s the only facts readers need to know. The rest is just hot air.
    Damn Skippy Baa_Baa. If anybody is buying or selling Sky shares based on the speculative claims by a few nameless online posters that IFT-Brookfield are about to buy Sky Network Television then that is just silly. You should only be buying Sky right now because the facts from your own research support the notion that the company is selling below intrinsic value.

There are some very strong theories as to why IFT may be getting ready to make a play for Sky - but until such a takeover occurs it really is just a theory.

I would personally be shocked if IFT did not take this opportunity to get Sky now and merge it with Vodafone. But then again, I have been claiming that a takeover by someone is sure to happen 'any minute now' for a year!