sharetrader
Page 313 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2132633033093103113123133143153163173233634138131313 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 14173
    Membaa

If the only hope, or major hope of shareholders it’s that the company is subject to a takeover then that speaks to the confidence that they have or do not have in the management to turn around this mess of a company.

Thanks for your honesty, this imo is uninvestable, but it does speak to optimism and hope for a brighter future albeit that seems unlikely, given all the entrenched issues and sector head winds.

An onlooker might congratulate winners at a market premium to the the raising price should that eventuate, but be happy to hold off buying until the momentum built into something sustainable should that ever happen.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    there definitely isn't any insider trading happening! *cough*
    Just lol.

What's happening here is way more complex than insider trading.

Insider trading is when some rouge employee goes out and tells a mate to buy a few shares on market. Maybe that's happening now, maybe not, but unless there's hundreds of people doing this then any additional demand would just get absorbed by the algorithmic traders.

What you have on Sky (and most stocks) is a syndicated network of global sophisticated investors working together to undermined the market for profit.

Who do you think underwrote the IFT placement? It's the same group of investors who underwrote the placement of Sky. These investors don't need to trade on market to get exposure when they can effectively acquire control of a company in a capital restructure.

In fact, why did Sky even do a capital restructure? It's because the liquidity from the draw down facility likely came from the same group of investors. In other words, the investors pulled the plug, then underwrote the placement. i.e. they swapped the debt for equity, on their terms, at their price, and at their will. Thus undermining the current share holders and effectively diluting them out of existence.

Don't you see the pattern here? Sky Bank Debt > Sky Placement > IFT Placement > Sky Take Over > IFT Debt. It's the same group of investors at every stage doing the profiteering.

If you're lucky enough, you can jump in between the stages and piggy back on the activity and make a profit but it's not easy to do.

To answer your question, why did the stock drop to 15.8 if a take over is coming? Simple, if you already own something, and you plan to buy it off yourself through another entity, why do you care what the price is? The people controlling the stock aren't the retail holders. Just look at the recent results of the retail entitlement, us plebs could only muster up $2.9m worth of shares at 12c, just lol.

I wish they would just hurry up and do the take over already. I fear the plan is to shake the tree bare of fruit over the coming days to scrape the last few retail holders out while the take over plans are being finalized. Either that, or there's a small number of professional but honest investors who are locking in profits now who were lucky enough to get some scraps from the underwriter, whilst unknowing to all of the above.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    This was the most credible source of a takeover. The others have been theories.
    Read the thread again, this has been debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Read the thread again, this has been debunked.
    Haha yeah i was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I am actually surprised the SP held its ground today and didn’t drop sub 15c now that more 12c shares have been released. I just assumed Goldman and Forsyth would start dumping right away.
    Surely, the 12c shares will be drip-fed and a 12-13c end of this week won't be surprising at all?

Disc: Hold some.

Didn't some directors very recently purchase shares on market? To me that's the biggest signal that there is no take over discussion currently taking place.

I like the direction of the new CEO, Sky Go is great and being well received by everyone I know who uses it (people under 30 especially). The move into broadband is also a smart one, there is some value here with or without a takeover imo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Didn't some directors very recently purchase shares on market? To me that's the biggest signal that there is no take over discussion currently taking place.

I like the direction of the new CEO, Sky Go is great and being well received by everyone I know who uses it (people under 30 especially). The move into broadband is also a smart one, there is some value here with or without a takeover imo.
    They did quite recently. So obviously no takeover in the making. Unless its one of those stealth ones where the directors are not in the know. Which takeovers often are...

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post

Be careful. Sky is the definition of a value trap.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    They did quite recently. So obviously no takeover in the making. Unless its one of those stealth ones where the directors are not in the know. Which takeovers often are...
    The CFO and CEO purchases were done on the same day, two weeks ago, on the 3rd of June.

The latest disclosure was related to an independent director. The purchase was made on the 8th of June. Written approval was required and granted as it was inside a "closed period", likely as end of financial year is approaching.

The IFT placement announcement was made on the 9th of June.

The timing does allow for a take over.

Negotiations could have started as early as the 4th of June, assuming the related person to the independent director is unaware, and also because they obtained written approval. Or, negotiations have started as early as the 9th of June, assuming another disclosure isn't made in the next few days, which is unlikely given we're in a "closed period" now.

I doubt there is much to negotiate. They know the price of the stock. Do they want it or not!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Good synopsis. CEO laments share price is undervalued at $0.70. Shortly after his company issues a shed load of new shares at $0.12 cents. Not enticing me to hitch my wagon to this horse.
    The CEO has bugger all shares.

Even I have more shares then him.

He's a pawn who's being controlled by the underwriters.

The entire board over the last couple of years have been replaced.

It's a zombie company controlled by UBS.