sharetrader
Page 325 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754258251325 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    This large shareholder has been diluted into insignificance and forced to massively increase their holdings just to maintain their relative share of the company. The positive seems to be they wish to maintain their share, not increase it, not be diluted to oblivion. To extrapolate that to a buyout is fanciful, perpetuating the fancy of a buyout that has pervaded this thread for weeks now.
    Relax mate. I was taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    New satellite technology. I can see why Infratil are so keen to takeover SKT

As a general statement o everyone, I wouldn't get too hung up on delivery methodology. Streaming services are routinely delivered to locations via satellite. Some companies, such as SpaceX, plan to delivery even more.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12345145

Fantastic news. We are already taking ~$6M of interest costs out by paying the bonds back. This will generate further savings and flexibility.

Advanced Member

Today's troll post...

When you hire the guy who worked on the Virgin Media / O2 merger to lead your new strategy as a digitally focused business.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/vodafone-fills-new-chief-strategic-officer-role

Take ov...** cough **, o excuse me, I think I have a tickle in my throat.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Today's troll post...

When you hire the guy who worked on the Virgin Media / O2 merger to lead your new strategy as a digitally focused business.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/vodafone-fills-new-chief-strategic-officer-role

Take ov...** cough **, o excuse me, I think I have a tickle in my throat.
    Yes indeed!

And I see he likes to participate in triathalons! Ergo her likes to merge multiple sports under a single race.

Ergo he is into mergers! Ergo Sky will be purchased imminently!

Advanced Member

BACK TO THE FUTURE!

If my calculations are correct. When Infratil gets ComCom clearance, you're gonna see some serious ****

BACK in 2015, the regulators declined O2 when it tried to merge with a rival carrier, but 5 years later, the regulatory environment has changed significantly and approval now looks all but a done deal.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/07/li...k-in-39b-deal/

Virgin Media owns a large part of the pay television market in the UK and it plans to merge with O2 to create a media power house to rival competitors.

"The deal underscores the bigger consolidation trend that has been playing out for years, where smaller and more narrowly focused businesses are coming together with those that offer either complementary services to offer better bundles, or overlapping ones for more economies of scale."

"We are seeing a different tack at the moment from regulators, who have pointedly said that not only are they aiming to approve and clear faster a backlog of deals, but to give them a more open-minded treatment given the current state of the market, to keep the economy turning."

Cliff notes:
    -media market has changed
    -less regulation from watchdogs because of covid-19
    -customers get better deals
    -economies of scale improve profitability

What happened almost 5 years ago?... That's right, the Vodafone and Sky merger

Conclusion: ComCom clearance a done deal for Vodafone parent company Infratil to acquire 100% of the shares in Sky Network Television!

The hiring of Richard Mooney as Chief Strategy Officer is just another sign that a merger is in the works: https://news.vodafone.co.nz/richardmooney

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!

If my calculations are correct. When Infratil gets ComCom clearance, you're gonna see some serious ****

BACK in 2015, the regulators declined O2 when it tried to merge with a rival carrier, but 5 years later, the regulatory environment has changed significantly and approval now looks all but a done deal.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/07/li...k-in-39b-deal/

Virgin Media owns a large part of the pay television market in the UK and it plans to merge with O2 to create a media power house to rival competitors.

"The deal underscores the bigger consolidation trend that has been playing out for years, where smaller and more narrowly focused businesses are coming together with those that offer either complementary services to offer better bundles, or overlapping ones for more economies of scale."

"We are seeing a different tack at the moment from regulators, who have pointedly said that not only are they aiming to approve and clear faster a backlog of deals, but to give them a more open-minded treatment given the current state of the market, to keep the economy turning."

Cliff notes:
    -media market has changed
    -less regulation from watchdogs because of covid-19
    -customers get better deals
    -economies of scale improve profitability

What happened almost 5 years ago?... That's right, the Vodafone and Sky merger

Conclusion: ComCom clearance a done deal for Vodafone parent company Infratil to acquire 100% of the shares in Sky Network Television!

The hiring of Richard Mooney as Chief Strategy Officer is just another sign that a merger is in the works: https://news.vodafone.co.nz/richardmooney
    You think IFT are currently getting some kind of pre-approval from the Comcom before they launch a takeover bid?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You might have been taking the piss but deep down aren’t you really hoping all these takeover dreams really happen ...soon

Only way you ever going to get most of your ‘investment’ back
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You might have been taking the piss but deep down aren’t you really hoping all these takeover dreams really happen ...soon

Only way you ever going to get most of your ‘investment’ back
    Nope. Far from it.

My hope is that no takeover eventuates because any offer will be far below my estimate of long term intrinsic value.

I do, however, recognise that given the current low SP the chance of a takeover is high. I also think there is a lot of merit in IFT doing the takeover. I have outlined my reasoning extensively in previous posts as to why I think that.

Ultimately, I make no firm predictions on whether a takeover will happen or not - and who all of the interested parties might be.

But if it turns out IFT use their raised capital for some other acquisition - I will be surprised. Pleasantly surprised in this case - but still surprised.