sharetrader
Page 326 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2262763163223233243253263273283293303363764268261326 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 14171
    Guru

IFT disclosure of P Newfie’s buying some shares on market on 30 June...

Any remaining theories around IFT buying Sky are completely out of the question now?

No way would he be allowed to buy shares last week if discussion were happening around a potential acquisition.

PHEW!! I was getting worried for a bit there!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    IFT disclosure of P Newfie’s buying some shares on market on 30 June...

Any remaining theories around IFT buying Sky are completely out of the question now?

No way would he be allowed to buy shares last week if discussion were happening around a potential acquisition.

PHEW!! I was getting worried for a bit there!
    He bought stock 3 days before the Vodafone acquisition!

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...183/299421.pdf

Advanced Member

You think IFT are currently getting some kind of pre-approval from the Comcom before they launch a takeover bid?
    No, it would have to be publicly announced anyway. They might have gotten some pre-hearing advice though.

---------------

On another note. The domain vodafonetv.co.nz has now become publicly available! Just lol.

https://www.dnc.org.nz/whois/search?...dafonetv.co.nz

RIP to defending their brand name.

Should I register it and redirect it to Sky TV?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    He bought stock 3 days before the Vodafone acquisition!

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...183/299421.pdf
    Ahh! So my sigh of relief may yet be premature!

Guru

Lightbox unavailable from 10PM tonight. More evidence that they are using the Lightbox app as their platform moving forward.

Tomorrow morning I will get to take the new app out for a spin. I’m very excited!

Membaa

Relax mate. I was taking the piss.
    I’m relaxed, unlike the big minor holders talking up a takeover. Use the emoji if you’re being sarcastic, or taking the piss, otherwise it’s hard for anyone to tell whether you’re being serious or not. Just saying.

IMO

It could be construed as a boiler room pump gang on here albeit very entertaining

Sky viewership from a few weeks ago post lockdown looked promising for NRL &Super Rugby https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12340652

Plenty of people I’ve spoken to have picked up streaming service for live sport but I’m happy to wait until a report from the company comes out detailing their results probably (August).

With what’s happening across Florida unsure about an NBA return (I hope so, but Florida and states are still getting hammered By Covid ) surprised NRL still unscathed; hopefully this stays like this. Still;... NZ positioned Extremely well; their delivery on live sport and the reduced cost of deals for live sport look ok for Sky, Martin doing his job negotiating this down.

Online platforms from my own experience look good; from the mobile/tablet though I’ve personally still had few issues with logging in. But main computer & laptops through chrome is almost perfect and easy to navigate Enjoying the sport content that Sky is delivering at the moment.

I really hope Sky TV can corner the sport streaming market in NZ and do a good job at it, we will see, so many competitions seem to be pretty advanced with this already and perhaps Sky missed the memo years ago but we are here now.

Satellite on Friday was good news; looking for some positivity In their reports in August with viewership and some realistic positioning of how they see their own future in the coming years would be great.

GL to all holders.

Ps I’m not buying in to takeovers; (I love the idea Ogg, Mistatea) but if a company can’t produce Something on their own then they don’t deserve a take over. I want Sky TV to move forward, adapt and not be a relic as their are many good things about their service. Lets be fair, their shares are diluted and dirt cheap, maybe people said that a year ago and are looking at a -80% return. Hehe. Can it go lower? Maybe; can it go higher maybe? but I really believe they have the ability to be on the right path.

Here’s to hoping.

GL

Advanced Member

Almost forgot about today's troll post:

Below is post from Geekzone a couple of days go, in which a Vodafone representative answers a question from a customer regarding Vodafone TV:

Question: "A few of my mates are into WWE, are you able to book WWE PPVs like off Sky Arena?

Answer: "Not currently, but we are looking to implement this once we have all VTV boxes on the same billing system (currently Vodafone TV operates on 4 different billing systems, but we intend to move all VTV units to the same "standalone" billing system and then we can implement PPV charging)"

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.as...no=123#2517259

Once we have all VTV boxes on the same billing system!!!!

A Threepenny Opera: I will be happy when the fat lady , not just Rick Astley , sings😃
    Last edited by airedale; 06-07-2020 at 09:46 PM.