sharetrader
Page 331 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2312813213273283293303313323333343353413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    What they need to do is jack the price up to $24.95 but then say you get it free with a 12 month Sky Broadband deal.

Peps will then think they're getting $25 off.
    Yes indeed - and they will do that when they enter broadband in the next few months.

Or if IFT make their move and buy them soon...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes indeed - and they will do that when they enter broadband in the next few months.

Or if IFT make their move and buy them soon...
    What's happening with that Sky and Feenix Communications deal? Who's that poster here with the inside scoop on that?

Surely that would have been signed by now if Sky are entering broadband market.

IFT deal more likely happening.

What they need to do is jack the price up to $24.95 but then say you get it free with a 12 month Sky Broadband deal.

Peps will then think they're getting $25 off.
    Yes, unfortunately those psychological games must be played. It works well for Countdown, Mitre10 etc.

Advanced Member

I might give Mark a call tomorrow and see how he's getting on with the Sky/Vodafone merger.

https://www.minterellison.co.nz/people/mark-forman

Professional background:

Advised MediaWorks (and its shareholder Oaktree Capital Management) on the merger of MediaWorks with QMS, to form a $300 million plus multi-platform media business. The transaction included a ground-breaking merger structure. Mark is a trusted advisor to MediaWorks, advising on all aspects of its business, including on the high-profile sale process for MediaWorks TV, New Zealand’s only privately owned major free to air television network.

Advised MediaWorks in connection with its joint venture with NBCUniversal in relation to the Bravo channel, which replaced Channel Four in New Zealand. This transaction was awarded Consumer, Media and Tech Deal of the Year at the 2017 New Zealand Law Awards.

Advised Brookfield Asset Management on the New Zealand aspects of its AU$5.7 billion acquisition of Healthscope. Brookfield are one of the world’s largest asset managers, and Mark is a trusted advisor to Brookfield in connection with its New Zealand transactions.

Advised Metlifecare in connection with retirement village sales, as well as its employee share scheme arrangements.

I might give Mark a call tomorrow and see how he's getting on with the Sky/Vodafone merger.

https://www.minterellison.co.nz/people/mark-forman

Professional background:
    What is the significance of him with regard to Sky?

Guru

Ok I better get in before Ogg shares another one of his theories...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/356343

SHE IS NOT BOTHERING TO STAND FOR RE-ELECTION BECAUSE BY THE TIME WE GET TO OCTOBER SKY TV WILL NO LONGER BE A LISTED COMPANY!!

IT WILL BE MERGED WITH VODAFONE AND TV3!!!!

You two are great!! Thank you both mistaTea and Ogg for your opinions on SKT. I have started to understand the covert dealings of 'big business' through both of your most interesting inputs. Long may your rivalry continue until....???

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    What is the significance of him with regard to Sky?
    My understanding is this person is serving Brookfields Assets Management as his client in NZ.

1) Brookfield owned Oaktree and Oak Tree owned Mediaworks.

2) Vodafone is jointly owned by Brookfield and Infratil.

3) The link between Mediaworks and Vodafone can be established with Brookfield as the common (part) owner.

4) The missing link here is since Brookfields already owned Mediaworks, would they be interest to launch an interest to buy SKY?
    hence the "big shake-up" as described by the outgoing CEO.

This is my first post.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garfy View Post
    You two are great!! Thank you both mistaTea and Ogg for your opinions on SKT. I have started to understand the covert dealings of 'big business' through both of your most interesting inputs. Long may your rivalry continue until....???
    Rivalry?!

WE ARE IN CAHOOTS!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Ok I better get in before Ogg shares another one of his theories...
    Where do I start.

Firstly, the fact that board members are standing down without being replaced is a sign that things are coming to a conclusion.

It was obvious that she was brought in for the Vodafone merger as she came on board in mid 2015 and there are references to the merger all over her Linkedin profile.

https://nz.linkedin.com/in/susan-paterson-onzm-a65b8930

No need for her come October, as this company will be all "Red" not "Blue".

Just lol at her complaining she is too busy. Just look at her supposed replacement, Keith Smith, who has 100 directorships:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/skellmax-...04676&ref=bebo

With her leaving, there's only 2 female board members. Seems like the company has no interests in having a 50/50 gender balance. No need to worry as it's all being dissolved anyway.

Just lol at "refreshing the board" when you have a zombie like Handley still rotting there. This bozo needs to go ASAP but he's too desperate for a job.

I bought more today at 14.3
    I'm going down with the ship...