sharetrader
Page 333 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2332833233293303313323333343353363373433834338331333 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 14173

Sorry I pissed you off mistatea.

It’s just that directbroking show today’s price as a 52 week low

But those shares you mentioned that were 18/19 cents per cap raise are only 14 cents today ...arent they (suppose those who didn’t do the cap raise look at it that way)

Hopefully chart will tell me when to have another punt, irrespective of how many shares there are.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Stuff article just out.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/122153209/mediaworks-tv-sale-result-expected-in-coming-weeks

Is it weeks or days now? Who's the buyer again...

OK ...I was sort of wrong

On an adjusted basis it looks like all time low share price is about 10 cents

This from directbroking ...not superficial or whatever
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

New Job available at Vodafone NZ

Business Transformation Manager

https://careers.vodafone.com/job/Business-Transformation-&-OE-Manager-12-month-Fixed-Term-Contract/609857101/

What's actually happening at Vodafone:

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Dumbest move ever by Brooksfields.
    I do think that Discovery are about to buy Mediaworks - why would the media outlets keep singling out that company as buyer unless they had a reasonably reliable source?

So there goes the Mediaworks-Sky-Vodafone merger.

Also, if IFT was going to make a play for Sky - I think it would have happened by now. Your rationale for why IFT may be interested in Sky was good - I think the idea has a lot of merit. But I just don't see it happening now as I am not sure what they would be waiting for.

Of course, I stand to be corrected - and in this life things can happen very quickly and all of a sudden.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I do think that Discovery are about to buy Mediaworks - why would the media outlets keep singling out that company as buyer unless they had a reasonably reliable source?

So there goes the Mediaworks-Sky-Vodafone merger.

Also, if IFT was going to make a play for Sky - I think it would have happened by now. Your rationale for why IFT may be interested in Sky was good - I think the idea has a lot of merit. But I just don't see it happening now as I am not sure what they would be waiting for.

Of course, I stand to be corrected - and in this life things can happen very quickly and all of a sudden.
    Don't believe everything you read.

One media outlet is saying the buyer is Discovery but they won't say who the source is. A deal like this would be highly confidential, so it would be a serious breach to have someone go leak information to the media.

Maybe Discovery is buying TV3 as a 'bolt on' investment to boost their presents in NZ. It does make sense if they can get it ridiculously cheap, which is possible, given the amount of debt Mediaworks has.

I had a look at the Discovery annual report:

https://ir.corporate.discovery.com/s...5-4c8d25baa659

Only half their income comes from advertising. The other half is distribution. So Pay TV and their partners are an important part of their business and I don't see them pulling channels from Sky or going 100% advertising only in NZ. If they buy TV3 it would be to up sell their other content or to promote more streaming/ondemand of their premium content.

TV3 is a very "kiwi" channel, with it's main assets being Newshub and it's 18-39 demographic pull. If you look at the Discovery annual report their brands are more aligned with older audiences so it's not the best fit.

I see a Mediaworks-Sky-Vodafone merger as more likely. Newshub could possibly be spun off as a 24 hour news channel, like Sky Australia. The relationship with Prime is also closer and it providers better up selling opportunities with Sky's payed content and Vodafone's future 5G offerings.

I guess we won't have to wait long to see what happens. Interesting times ahead none the less.

I think being almost a month away we should start talking about the next result and what people guesses will be compared to sky's estimates. 😁

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    I think being almost a month away we should start talking about the next result and what people guesses will be compared to sky's estimates. 😁
    Yes I agree!

And if a dividend is reinstated in 2021 like the chairman suggested...how much can sky realistically pay out...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes I agree!

And if a dividend is reinstated in 2021 like the chairman suggested...how much can sky realistically pay out...
    Was it 2021 or 2022.