sharetrader
Page 335 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2352853253313323333343353363373383393453854358351335 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...477/326609.pdf

These guys aren’t waiting any longer for the deal of the century.
    11m sold. Mostly in early and mid June when the share price was 16c-20c. They haven't sold in the last 3 weeks.

Some stock lent out to traders and clients who have likely been day trading.

Standard stuff really. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Guru

This has been a long time coming.

I think a new competition that has more favourable time zones for kiwis will be fantastic for Sky TV.

The current local competition has been a resounding success. Why not build upon that with a clean slate...
    Last edited by mistaTea; 17-07-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

When will the share price stop going down?

Might put a bid in for 1.7 billion shares at 0.1c and wait
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

Try 12c as a first stop

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

Even then it’s quite a sizeable investment
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Will be interesting to see how many of the 130,000 active Lightbox subscribers that Sky purchased will stick with the merged Neon. I gave up SkyTV many years ago (too many ads, too expensive) so I can't believe I'm back as a Sky customer under Neon, however it does seem to provide a counter to Netflix given it has a number of good shows from HBO, AMC, Showtime etc. Spark will be billing me for Neon at 9.99 a month so I'm assuming Spark clips the ticket on that.

Advanced Member

Hamish is backing posting on Geekzone.

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.as...no=126#2523932

With any broadband plan there is always some churn (people moving house, people changing providers etc) and so there is some churn of the VTV bundled with broadband. However, there is *lower* churn on the broadband plans that have VTV bundled... so customers like the product and this is why we offer it!
    That's the aim of the game peps. It's all about low churn as margins are tight in this business.

You gotta hook the customer in with as many free bonus add ons so you can keep then signed up for life.

The new Vodafone Mega bundle deal:

• Unlimited Fibre
    • 5G Mobile plan
    • Free Vodafone TV
    • Free Neon
    • Free Sky
    • Discount with Trustpower

One easy monthly bill...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyBeer View Post
    Spark will be billing me for Neon at 9.99 a month so I'm assuming Spark clips the ticket on that.
    I have pondered this too as I will also get my NEON added to my Spark bill fr $9.99.

I don't think Spark make any money on this. To clip the ticket in any meaningful way their wholesale deal with Sky would need to be, say, $8.99 per month. That would be only 64% of the normal retail price - which would seem like a staggering wholesale discount for Sky to offer.

I can't know what the arrangement is - but at best for Spark, I reckon Sky are charging them $9.99/month and they are just passing that cost on to consumers. That would represent about 72% of the normal retail price (which still seems like a staggering discount to me).

Alternatively, Sky may have offered Spark, say 15-20% off retail rates... and Spark are eating some of the cost. For example, Sky charge them $11.50 per customer...they eat $1.51 as the cost of providing another value-add to their customers to lower broadband churn and only charge $9.99 for the service.

I just can't see Sky making any money if they have offered a wholesale discount in the region of 30-35%.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 19-07-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    H
    That's the aim of the game peps. It's all about low churn as margins are tight in this business.

You gotta hook the customer in with as many free bonus add ons so you can keep then signed up for life.

The new Vodafone Mega bundle deal:

• Unlimited Fibre
    • 5G Mobile plan
    • Free Vodafone TV
    • Free Neon
    • Free Sky
    • Discount with Trustpower

One easy monthly bill...
    That would be a staggering Broadband/Mobile/Energy/Entertainment bundle - Vodafone would make plenty of money still and very quickly dominate Spark.