sharetrader
Page 337 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2372873273333343353363373383393403413473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Your gif is slowing it down more.

https://i.imgur.com/4rqNgbn.jpg

25 seconds to load this page, just lol.
    I'd get your internet speed checked and maybe your computer instant for me.

Advanced Member

I can see a consolidation of shares coming up...1:10 maybe ?
    From memory some funds (maybe US ?) are unable to invest in penny stocks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I can see a consolidation of shares coming up...1:10 maybe ?
    From memory some funds (maybe US ?) are unable to invest in penny stocks.
    Won't happen.

They need to do a share buy back.

Who are these nutters selling @ 2x Ebita?

Guru

Won't happen.

Who are these nutters selling @ 2x Ebita?
    As I was saying earlier - it only makes sense to sell at these low prices if you got in @12c and are taking a quick profit.

In that sense, the current behaviour is completely rational.

Advanced Member

Won't happen.

Hard to see a share buy back working, even if they bought 50%.....the SP would only get to ~30c.
    Why do u think it won’t happen ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    As I was saying earlier - it only makes sense to sell at these low prices if you got in @12c and are taking a quick profit.

In that sense, the current behaviour is completely rational.
    It doesn't look like many sophisticated investors are selling though. The last SPH confirmed that, expect for that one large cross on the ASX.

Haven't seen any broker reports released either. It's weird, it's like nothing is happening.

The volume over the last couple of weeks has been low, suggesting it's just retail trading with each other and a few bots at work.

This stock is just mind boggling! As a millennial, who's probably pirated more content than anyone on this board, I still have Sky. Having said that, streaming is still my preferred method of media consumption but there's nothing like coming home from work and switching on the satellite and getting that low ping latency feed straight from the dish and watching it on the big screen - especially when you're at home having dinner or when there's good sport on. It seems like the boomers think that everyone will be watching TV over the internet in 5 years - just lol. I know how buggy the internet can be, it's not that it doesn't work, it just doesn't work as well. Do people here not get it that both technologies can still existing along side each other? You don't have to choose! It's not expensive either. If you can't folk out $70 a month for Pay TV, then just lol, you shouldn't have a TV.

I'm going down with the ship on this one. The lower this goes, the more I'm putting in...

Advanced Member

I think you are right re picture quality......I have Sky Sport Now.....enjoying it, however, don’t think the smoothness is anywhere near as good as I recall via Satellite. In fact I can just plain miss things...they aren’t there ! And they should be.
    Makes my eyes tired.
    I don’t ,think it is quite as good as Spark Sport...RWC Coverage....at its best. But it is hard to quantify /define.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I think you are right re picture quality......I have Sky Sport Now.....enjoying it, however, don’t think the smoothness is anywhere near as good as I recall via Satellite. In fact I can just plain miss things...they aren’t there ! And they should be.
    Makes my eyes tired.
    I don’t ,think it is quite as good as Spark Sport...RWC Coverage....at its best. But it is hard to quantify /define.
    Yeah I have sky sport now too. Overall, I am happy with the service. Works well and it has a cool highlights and features section which makes it easier to find other content.

But even though I have a 100Mbs fibre connection - I do notice that throughout the live event there are periods where the picture goes slightly out of focus. Then crisp HD again for a while, and then back to slightly out of focus. It is crisp HD for most of the event...but it detracts from the match when it keeps going out of focus.

Obviously, that never ever happened with Satellite.

Then again, rain fade could be an issue during bad weather with satellite whereas that is not a concern when streaming.

So there are pros and cons to both methods.

Advanced Member

The rain fade can be an issue. That's why they need to updated the box. It should auto switch to broadband when a rain fade drops the signal to a certain point. You'd think when Optus launches the new satellite there will be a heap of new updates that fixes these types of issues. A lot of things can be done to improve the user experience.

If they can change the settings on the fly with the new satellite you'd think they would be able to enable 8k on major sporting events by redirecting other channels to broadband to free up the satellite bandwidth.

Looks like Japan has 8k satellite already: https://www.engadget.com/2018-12-01-8k-japan-tv.html

Could you imagine trying to stream 8k over a crappy Huawei router that the broadband companies give you! Even if you could you, RIP to any other family member wanting to use the internet at the same time.

Advanced Member

Another "Bob" is hired.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/node/226925

Sky TV employees this September...