sharetrader
Page 34 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844841345341034 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

I think they take their PR advice from Cadburys
    Could be!

A more likely reason though is that, until recently, they've had a stranglehold on a lot of popular content. Now that it's not so, critics are taking delight in putting the boot in!

Quote Originally Posted by WingingIt View Post
    I already killed (sic) my SKY subscription last month and rediscovered once more our free Lightbox subscription because of it. As for my watching rugby, I don't care anymore as our All Blacks got their back to back win I got 4 years to go hungry about rugby so I can see our team to try for a triple play in Japan

Banned

Whatever the shareholders or customers think the directors themselves seem to be doing ok!

OCTOBER 21, 2015
    Sky shareholders voted to approve a 27% increase of the company's director's fee pool to $900,000 from the current $750,000.

Recent additions to the board include tech entrepreneurs Geraldine McBride and Derek Handley.
    Shareholders Association chairman John Hawkins says the notice of meeting on the resolution gave comparisons to other companies' directors' pools, but without knowing the number of directors involved it was worthless. He said there was also no reference to recent increases in base director fees, which when added to the latest pool increase, would mean a total increase of 53.8% in just five years.
    “I struggle to see why the Sky TV directors’ fee should be higher than that of Air New Zealand, given the relative complexities of running the two companies and it would be 50% more than the Port of Tauranga, which has a similar market capitalisation,” Mr Hawkins says.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/sky-tv-...80441#comments

Some interesting comments further down.

Handsome Member

Interesting Netfix looking to crackdown on something that's not really in their customers interest. Guess it will make it a "fair" playing field in future

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11574314

We've recently canned Netflix (we had multiregion availability) as we found we weren't watching much. The bulk of the content is older, and the only things that really interested us were the new exclusive series which we've now watched.

We've decided to pick up Neon, despite the general misgivings about the service. TBH I've been fairly critical of the service, but having subscribed I actually think it's pretty good with much newer content and a lot better shows on the whole. My wife has comment particularly favourably on the availability of movies on Neon v Netflix. The downside is of course it's only in SD and it's a bit more expensive, but it's affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Interesting Netfix looking to crackdown on something that's not really in their customers interest. Guess it will make it a "fair" playing field in future

No doubt their hand was forced. They're probably wanting to be seen to be cracking down rather than actually cracking down, so perhaps they'll implement some half-hearted technological measures.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post

I'd say it's probably due to hollywood/content holders lobbying/putting pressure on them. As I read it/understand it they will be cracking down on proxies/vpn's but possibly not DNS changing workarounds so there will still be ways around it

Advanced Member

Nice bounce Friday -reminds me a bit of TME when it was being bashed as soon as it rebounded no one seemed to care or comment much?

Don't these kind of comments just make things a hell of a lot worse for Sky and make customers even more angry.

How about an acknowledgement instead of denials there is anything wrong.

Flat out lying that there was any problem with web log in. I tried unsuccessfully logging in all day on Sky Go on Chrome and evidenced by their Facebook page there were a lot of others with problems.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...to-do-too-much