sharetrader
Page 346 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2462963363423433443453463473483493503563964468461346 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 14173
    Legend

Flush with cash now & possibly minimal effects of C-19 while all were locked down at home - would there be a Loss ? (barring some mysterious beancounter write downs and fancy footwork)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Implying that the drop from $7 to 13c isn't capitulation enough.
    And the BGI punters were screaming loudly at their see-saw SP free fall after rumours & hearsay evaporated into thin air

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Capitulation happens when even the die-hard believers bail out - which is what I see happening now with the stock.

Not the end of the world - usually means a turnaround in sentiment is in the offing.
    It looks like the selling is by retail investors {not me} but the volumes going through do not suggest the instos with zillions of shares are getting out just after buying in to the CR.

Hotcopper is a good indicator of sentiment and reading that suggests that the sentiment is quite bad atm.

Advanced Member

I think the dwindling prospects of the all black schedule are being reflected in the stock price. South Africa might not come for rugby championship, and northern tour by all blacks looking less likely now that 6 nations are planning a tournament with Japan & Fiji included.

NZ rugby should make the North vs South match a 3 game spectacle, would be better than any international matchup that is for sure. Be our own state of origin like event series. And how about a proper final for the Super Rubgy Aotearoa? It’s madness that they didn’t include at least a match between 1st & 2nd place teams for the title.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    It looks like the selling is by retail investors {not me} but the volumes going through do not suggest the instos with zillions of shares are getting out just after buying in to the CR.
    I'm confident that most of the selling is coming from retail, given that they make up 24% of the registry or approx 417m shares.

I would be seriously concerned if Jupiter, Kiltearn, ACC, Black Crane, or Vanguard start selling at these levels.

A few Australian based funds have been selling and profiting from the 12c placement. Mostly at higher levels though. I doubt there are selling much here.

I agree with balance that it's mostly capitulation happening.

Might have to wait until results on the 21st of August for the selling to stop and the retail book stabilizes or churns enough to lower the average holding price closer to the market price.

Will buy more if it breaks the recent lows again.

Advanced Member

Not a holder but you would wonder why retail would even be bothering to sell. The traders sure, but the longer term holders would be so far gone that it would be pretty pointless even bothering to sell now.

Am having to sit on my hands at the moment as keep getting an irrational urge to buy some

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Not a holder but you would wonder why retail would even be bothering to sell. The traders sure, but the longer term holders would be so far gone that it would be pretty pointless even bothering to sell now.

Am having to sit on my hands at the moment as keep getting an irrational urge to buy some
    It's "irrational exuberance" but in the opposite direction - sell at any cost!

A bit like going to a leaky building apartment auction.

Opening reserve of $10,000 for a 2 bedroom apartment @ $550 per week rent.

Going, going...SOLD!

Could also be a case of back and forth selling from the same trading instos, aka shake the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Implying that the drop from $7 to 13c isn't capitulation enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post

Still worth salvaging if they partake in the rights issue at 12c, and cutting their losses while their rights issue shares are still ‘in the money’.