sharetrader
Page 348 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2482983383443453463473483493503513523583984488481348 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 14170
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    This is the same thought process as to why people think SKT is not "moving with the times".
    on the contrary - I think skytv should embrace the App-ificarion of media faster, as it it a necessity for survival. However even if they successfully make the transition, it doesn’t necessarily mean they will be financially better off than the old dying model. The worst situation will be in the middle of the transition when Sky is still paying high fixed costs to support ever dwindling satellite customers, while also having to invest heavily in infrastructure to support ever increasing streaming subscribers. Once streaming infrastructure Accounts for majority of users, Sky should make swift plans to ditch satellite support ASAP, possibly spinning it off as a seperate company.

Maybe still some more down side but with this relentless selling for no apparent reason taking the share price to these levels I couldn’t resist topping up today at 13.4-13.5c
    I’m thinking when this finally hits a bottom it may not stay there for long and from these levels the rebound could be significant but only IMHO and I’m a biased holder.
    Last edited by biker; 30-07-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Maybe still some more down side but with this relentless selling for no apparent reason taking the share price to these levels I couldn’t resist topping up today at 13.4-13.5c
    I’m thinking when this finally hits a bottom it may not stay there for long and from these levels the rebound could be significant but only IMHO and I’m a biased holder.
    I've just done the same thing; average out my SKT value a bit, potentially be close to the bottom @234m market cap

Advanced Member

I emailed Sky on Tuesday re my sub, they called me today and offered a pretty good deal if I continue for another 12 months, impressive! I'm not a holder.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I emailed Sky on Tuesday re my sub, they called me today and offered a pretty good deal if I continue for another 12 months, impressive! I'm not a holder.
    Has their cost of delivering service decreased? If not, it may be impressive for all the people they are giving cheaper subscriptions to, however it certainly won't be impressive for their bottom line..

Surely the cost of delivering the service is not really relevant it will be virtually the same as if you had 100 subs or 100,000.Only extra cost would be the decoder and sat dish,but in tims case he already has the deoder and dish.
    So yes if they can save an existing sub it makes a lot of sense.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Has their cost of delivering service decreased? If not, it may be impressive for all the people they are giving cheaper subscriptions to, however it certainly won't be impressive for their bottom line..
    Did they save a bit of money on the cost of sport over lockdown? That would be the main thing people have sky for.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Brace for .125 until results come out. After that it is unknown territory.
    .131 now and after some resistance, set to be 12c territory from next week.

what date are the results out?

cheers

Disc: hold some

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    .131 now and after some resistance, set to be 12c territory from next week.

what date are the results out?

cheers

Disc: hold some
    I think it'll test 12c soon and it'll also test the fund mangers aptitude. At that level, no one is making any money.

Keeping some powder dry to top up when that opportunity eventuates...