sharetrader
Page 35 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945851355351035 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WingingIt View Post
    Don't these kind of comments just make things a hell of a lot worse for Sky and make customers even more angry.

How about an acknowledgement instead of denials there is anything wrong.

Flat out lying that there was any problem with web log in. I tried unsuccessfully logging in all day on Sky Go on Chrome and evidenced by their Facebook page there were a lot of others with problems.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...to-do-too-much
    They are so arrogant. Lying or uninformed about the extent of the problem (web access was definitely down) and not even apologetic for what happened. I hate Sky with a passion and the sooner a competitor comes along that can outbid them in rugby/cricket, the better.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    They are so arrogant. Lying or uninformed about the extent of the problem (web access was definitely down) and not even apologetic for what happened. I hate Sky with a passion and the sooner a competitor comes along that can outbid them in rugby/cricket, the better.
    Yes, but, any competitor that can outbid them will need to charge, one way or another, to justify their higher bid!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, but, any competitor that can outbid them will need to charge, one way or another, to justify their higher bid!

True, but once Sky has gone that may change. And they could offer a different subscription model so you could just pay for the channels you wanted rather than the whole package.

And as long as the new company has better infrastructure then at least you might actually get what you pay for!

We're kidding ourselves if we believe there is a benevolent successor who will charge less. Once any of these alternative services feel secure they'll be jacking up the prices or monetising our personal data, or both!
    Personally I just find myself watching much less TV now.

Wow, so according to John Fellet Weekdays during the work day are peak viewing time and surprise surprise Sky Go is down again. If it cant handle off peak ie Sunday how the hell do they usually get through peak time. Would hate to think what their infrastructure is like.

Handsome Member

Live streaming aye.......is there anyone in NZ doing that well?

Membaa

Odd thing is that if you are a SkyTV subscriber (set top box etc), and want to watch online, then you tend to want to use SkyGo which has no additional cost, but sadly as I have said before it is a terribly unreliable service.

On the other hand if you are not a SkyTV subscriber you can pick and choose from their pay TV and watch it online using FanPass which in my experience is performing exceptionally well, as good as Netflix, Lightbox and so on.

So there you go, for sports fans, cancel your Sky subscription, save a bundle, and watch online using FanPass as and when you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Odd thing is that if you are a SkyTV subscriber (set top box etc), and want to watch online, then you tend to want to use SkyGo which has no additional cost, but sadly as I have said before it is a terribly unreliable service.

On the other hand if you are not a SkyTV subscriber you can pick and choose from their pay TV and watch it online using FanPass which in my experience is performing exceptionally well, as good as Netflix, Lightbox and so on.

So there you go, for sports fans, cancel your Sky subscription, save a bundle, and watch online using FanPass as and when you want to.
    If you don't cancel then Sky won't care about complaints because you keep sending them money. If you do go to Fan Pass, they have to maintain service to keep revenue. Inertia means subscribers don't churn enough so no motivation to invest in Neon or SkyGo to provide anything more than a spoiler service.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    If you don't cancel then Sky won't care about complaints because you keep sending them money. If you do go to Fan Pass, they have to maintain service to keep revenue. Inertia means subscribers don't churn enough so no motivation to invest in Neon or SkyGo to provide anything more than a spoiler service.
    True, and you would think that the answer is pretty simple, to standardise on one online service that actually works very well (FanPass) and make it available for all content be it to subscribers or casual viewers.

Is this really as hard and such a big deal as SkyTV seems to be making it into? I don't think so, I think they've lost the plot, the executive have no clues about IT and are probably being pulled hither and thither by various factions and vested interests.

Fancy that, having SkyGo, Neon and FanPass .. three different platforms for online content. They have a very confused delivery model, variable quality ranging from excellent to awful, and compromised content merchandising to consumers that will kill them more quickly than I think they realise, as the market is already disrupted.

Sky really (imo) do need to get this sorted very quickly. Their only remaining leverage is their still humungous subscriber base and they need to realise that delivering online content consistently, reliably and securely is paramount to retaining the income that drives shareholder value.

disc. not a shareholder, can't see any reason to invest in a twilight company in a disrupted sector that will haemorrhage shareholder value for as long as the executive fail to get the point .. that is, viewing is/has rapidly shifted online, there is massive choice, choice removes incumbents quickly, the future viewers are already all online, and a 'single' quality online delivery platform is a absolute imperative pre-requisite to future sustainable profitability.

SkyGo and Neon were and probably still on the same platform. I think Fan Pass uses the NeuLion platform as does Lightbox Sports which is why it works (or it's the fact that no one uses it).
    SKT have so many customers still throwing money at them so no real motivation to change gears