sharetrader
Page 351 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2513013413473483493503513523533543553614014518511351 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 14173
    Advanced Member

MistaTea this time next month...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Surely the cost of delivering the service is not really relevant it will be virtually the same as if you had 100 subs or 100,000.Only extra cost would be the decoder and sat dish,but in tims case he already has the deoder and dish.
    So yes if they can save an existing sub it makes a lot of sense.
    Quite right - by the way my saving was $40 per month, pretty happy with that!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Market capitalisation is the relevant factor in order to compare apples with apples. And before the Capital Raise sky tv’s market cap dropped to about $82M during the lockdown (about 18 or 19 cents per share as it happens due to there only being 436M shares outstanding at that time).

Sky’s market value right now is about three times that all time low. Because there are 1.74B shares outstanding the price as expressed per share is lower than before but only a complete jackass would think that is relevant.

Have a great day ��
    I have removed several buy orders as I chickened out ahead of the sinking price.
    I now wonder whether its heading to the lockdown figure.....$82M....or maybe 20 or 30 % more.
    Jeeze....5-7 cents by my calcs. Is that crazy ? Probably...I'll go finish the lawns.
    Maybe this doesn't allow for the cash raise ?
    I do feel as tho I might be going to be characterised in the same way as Winner69 here.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Surely the cost of delivering the service is not really relevant it will be virtually the same as if you had 100 subs or 100,000.Only extra cost would be the decoder and sat dish,but in tims case he already has the deoder and dish.
    So yes if they can save an existing sub it makes a lot of sense.
    I see your point - a cheaper sub is better than no sub. But if they have 100,000 subs and they give all of them a $40 per month discount (the discount tim23 got) then that is a $48,000,000 hit per year to the bottom line. Pretty significant?

Sky needs to start producing NZ shows for it's Neon service, otherwise that will struggle to gain traction if HBO and co decide to go to the market directly. Start producing and streaming shows like Outrageous Fortune, Bro Town, Jono & Ben and Block and then the sheep will start subscribing to it. That is the gap in the market. We can never compete with Netflix and Amazon...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    MistaTea this time next month...
    I wasn't planning to buy any more Sky for a while, but God help me if this keeps going down I might just have to...

We're in "take-over" territory now that's for sure!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I wasn't planning to buy any more Sky for a while, but God help me if this keeps going down I might just have to...
    Will the white knight in black come and save us?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Sky needs to start producing NZ shows for it's Neon service, otherwise that will struggle to gain traction if HBO and co decide to go to the market directly. Start producing and streaming shows like Outrageous Fortune, Bro Town, Jono & Ben and Block and then the sheep will start subscribing to it. That is the gap in the market. We can never compete with Netflix and Amazon...
    I'm not sure about that, the shows that you've listed were free to air shows, and that's what people will have ingrained in their minds, and will refuse to pay to watch what was once "free". Don't forget, us kiwis are (relatively) tight asses

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Will the white knight in black come and save us?
    So long as it isn't...The Man in Black...