sharetrader
Page 354 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2543043443503513523533543553563573583644044548541354 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 14173

Ask around. Alot of people have the new neon and love it. This will grow. I topped up more today. Sorry ogg Beat you too it 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    The trend is absolutely HORRENDOUS, but

- entrenched in about 500K kiwi homes
    - very strong revenue and cashflow still
    - OSB is worth something (can't remember what they paid for) and nothing like it in NZ
    Will they still have OSB for much longer? My guess is yes, no doubt corona virus put stop to this plan. Isn't OSB really now one of SKT's key assets?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...-sale-proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Who put that large order on at 12.7!!! I was waiting at 12.6 and was about to get filled!
    Not a large order, but guilty as charged... tried to take a bite there at 12.7 and only got a nibble. Market was already on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Ask around. Alot of people have the new neon and love it. This will grow. I topped up more today. Sorry ogg Beat you too it 
    I'm not a neon/lightbox subscriber but have been impressed with the new ads. Quite a few good shows and movies being advertised and flicks seems to be reviewing a lot of them too.

Aside from sports the other advantage they seem to have over netflix is more recent movies.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Never own shares in a downtrend....that said I added this to my watchlist today as at some stage the downtrend might end and it could be worth a punt once we see a clean break back above the 30 day moving average, (not in any circumstances before this as far as I am concerned), or seeing as the downtrend is so firmly entrenched I might wait for a clean break above the black line, the 100 day MA, if that ever happens ?

Plenty of systemic flaws with management's thinking...still thinking that Sport is the panacea to most of their woes. Maybe one day they will wake up and realise that there's hundreds of thousands of subscribers who couldn't care less about sport and then they can stop throwing absolutely ludicrous amounts of money at sport ?

Attachment 11829

Sport is SkyTVs only original content - everything else is cheap filler trash except for HBO content, which sky lose from next year.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Sport is SkyTVs only original content - everything else is cheap filler trash except for HBO content, which sky lose from next year.
    1 million customers are happy paying for filler trash.

Why would HBO pull the content? What a pain trying to resign those 1m customers again.

AT&T generates $25b in free cash flow each year. Why not just buy the company for USD $250m or just 1% of their yearly cash flow. They would make their money back in 2 years anyway.

Please go and post your comments on the Sharesies Facebook forum. I need to buy more stock.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bulltrap View Post
    Not a large order, but guilty as charged... tried to take a bite there at 12.7 and only got a nibble. Market was already on the way up.
    was just a little bit lower than that too .. then someone stuck the boot in ..

maybe next week..

Advanced Member

I'm seeing Neon ads everywhere at the moment. Marketing spend must be going through the roof!

https://www.metservice.com/

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    1 million customers are happy paying for filler trash.

Why would HBO pull the content? What a pain trying to resign those 1m customers again.

AT&T generates $25b in free cash flow each year. Why not just buy the company for USD $250m or just 1% of their yearly cash flow. They would make their money back in 2 years anyway.

Please go and post your comments on the Sharesies Facebook forum. I need to buy more stock.
    its cute you think I’m some sort of newbie investor who belongs to sharesies, rather than someone whose full time job for over a decade has been analysing global tech & media firms.

but by all means, continue pumping your money into a company that is bleeding high margin satellite customers with an ARPU of $80+ and adding low margin streaming customers with an ARPU under $20. Also not sure how you think AT&T would get there money back in 2 years when sky itself is guiding for only $5-$15 million in net income in 2021.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    its cute you think I’m some sort of newbie investor who belongs to sharesies, rather than someone whose full time job for over a decade has been analysing global tech & media firms.

but by all means, continue pumping your money into a company that is bleeding high margin satellite customers with an ARPU of $80+ and adding low margin streaming customers with an ARPU under $20. Also not sure how you think AT&T would get there money back in 2 years when sky itself is guiding for only $5-$15 million in net income in 2021.
    You almost sounded like you knew what you were talking about until that last sentence of yours.

Don’t worry - most newbies struggle to read Sky TV financial statements.

GAAP earnings will probably end up sitting somewhere between $20-$25M as COVID has not hit the company as hard as expected when they had that revised guidance.

But that actually means that the company generated closer to $60M - $70M of underlying ‘Owner Earnings’.

Ogg is probably referring to EBITDA - not a metric I particularly like, but one that is commonly used in the business world. In that respect, his claim is absolutely correct.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 01-08-2020 at 11:53 AM.