sharetrader
Page 369 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2693193593653663673683693703713723733794194698691369 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Guess here....I suspect they are younger, accustomed to streaming everything...and can get most of everything they want without paying a lot or anything. Some probably borrow their parents Netflix login. Their outlook for SKY won't be the best. It also aligns with my concerns for SKY.

Never did get down to my buy price.
    It is amazing what you can find on YouTube! Although the way they insert ad beaks in free Youtube has become invasive. Apart from the occasional gem, Netflix seems skewed to the under 30’s. More subscription packages may help Sky with (cheaper) Sky Streaming only subs perhaps attracting a younger crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Looks like one of our disciples has gone and posted on the sharesies facebook page. Seems like not too great sentiment towards the company from sharesies investors. I think most of them are discounting the takeover option, most probably haven't come across acquisitions in their investing lives.
    I saw that post, it was entertaining, almost like watching a Facebook political debate.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is amazing what you can find on YouTube! Although the way they insert ad beaks in free Youtube has become invasive. Apart from the occasional gem, Netflix seems skewed to the under 30’s. More subscription packages may help Sky with (cheaper) Sky Streaming only subs perhaps attracting a younger crowd?
    I have some kind of family sharing on the back of my sons Google Music Account ( I think).
    NO ADS at all WITH YOUTUBE. It transforms it. I recall when we used to buy DVD's of concerts.
    Now they just stream whenever we want via YouTube.
    It is just so so good.

Guru

Looks like one of our disciples has gone and posted on the sharesies facebook page. Seems like not too great sentiment towards the company from sharesies investors. I think most of them are discounting the takeover option, most probably haven't come across acquisitions in their investing lives.
    Sky is full 'OK Boomer' over in Sharsies. Blinkered by streaming so can't see the financials....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Sky is full 'OK Boomer' over in Sharsies. Blinkered by streaming so can't see the financials....
    Don't understand all this hate against boomers. I am a millennial myself, however i have absolutely no hate towards baby boomers. I think boomers lived in a far tougher time than now. Constant war, high interest rates, racism, sexism, no internet, little choice to consume, no travel, little entertainment etc...barring covid, we live in the greatest time in our history as a human civilisation. Likewise, 50 years down the track people in the future will see us as living in a 'backwards' time.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I have some kind of family sharing on the back of my sons Google Music Account ( I think).
    NO ADS at all WITH YOUTUBE. It transforms it. I recall when we used to buy DVD's of concerts.
    Now they just stream whenever we want via YouTube.
    It is just so so good.
    Hi RTM, how much does your son pay for his subscription.

Don't understand all this hate against boomers. I am a millennial myself, however i have absolutely no hate towards baby boomers. I think boomers lived in a far tougher time than now. Constant war, high interest rates, racism, sexism, no internet, little choice to consume, no travel, little entertainment etc...barring covid, we live in the greatest time in our history as a human civilisation. Likewise, 50 years down the track people in the future will see us as living in a 'backwards' time.
    Millenials and Boomers....who are they. I just need a person's age if I need it for anything.. And don't tell me about Gen X. My eyes will glaze over.

This thread is comical. We've finally found a share the Sharesies folk won't buy! I was giving serious thought to listing a company called Magic Beans Ltd and being 100% honest in the prospectus to avoid criminal charges, then watching as they all bought it anyway. Have to rethink things now.

To put it another way, if an investor base with the combined intellectual acuity of a mouldy turnip can figure out that Sky TV is a dog, maybe, just maybe, it is worth taking off the rose tinted glasses and rethinking your thesis?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Advanced Member

What is all this about boomers living in constant war? They were all born after the second world war, and had some really cool decades to grow up in, the 60s, 70s and 80s, and the govt even paid you to go to uni to get wasted for Three years. Plus boomers like myself have been on the Internet since the early 90s so have missed nothing there.

I suspect though that us remaining boomers are the main users of sky. Even I am thinking of pulling the plug on it, it is only the wife preventing me from ditching it as she loves property and travel shows for some strange reason, and that awful "say yes to the dress"
    I tried telling her she could source them elsewhere but she is not having it.
    Last edited by ratkin; 07-08-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    This thread is comical. We've finally found a share the Sharesies folk won't buy! I was giving serious thought to listing a company called Magic Beans Ltd and being 100% honest in the prospectus to avoid criminal charges, then watching as they all bought it anyway. Have to rethink things now.
    I think it really needs to be Magic Beans Blockchain Ltd for full effect.