sharetrader
Page 370 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2703203603663673683693703713723733743804204708701370 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    had some really cool decades to grow up in, the 60s, 70s and 80s,.
    With all due respect sir i don't think those decades were that cool for Maori, Polynesians or women. Dawn raids destroyed a generation. Not to mention the USA...If you weren't white you weren't right back then.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Guess here....I suspect they are younger, accustomed to streaming everything...and can get most of everything they want without paying a lot or anything. Some probably borrow their parents Netflix login. Their outlook for SKY won't be the best. It also aligns with my concerns for SKY.

Never did get down to my buy price.
    Far more likely the parents borrow the kids netflix account. My parents use mine, my partner's parents and aunts use hers and mine. They also use my plex account to play media streamed from friends computers. The older generation are getting a lot more savvy with technology and are learning how to stream using available programs from the kids.

We are in our 30s and have plenty of income we could spend on sky, but theres just no need if you're not a sports fan. Literally anything on sky can be found on netflix, youtube, HBO, hulu, amazon prime or plex, and you can get a few of those subs for the price of sky (I think, not up to date with sky pricing).

Sky is great for sports fans or people who want to sit down, turn the TV on and find something, anything to watch. But sport is still the main draw card and if they lose it they will be in trouble imo. Disclosure, not a holder.
    Last edited by clip; 07-08-2020 at 04:32 PM.

I think if Sky would just fix their stupid, unresponsive, 4 second lag remote control that GETS PEOPLE STEAMING MAD, their share price would more than double.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    With all due respect sir i don't think those decades were that cool for Maori, Polynesians or women. Dawn raids destroyed a generation. Not to mention the USA...If you weren't white you weren't right back then.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I think if Sky would just fix their stupid, unresponsive, 4 second lag remote control that GETS PEOPLE STEAMING MAD, their share price would more than double.
    Its interesting you raised that.
    I had the old silver set box, and it was instant.
    At Sky's insistence, they upgraded me to a black box, and it seems to be getting slower over @ the last yr.

I stayed at a place that had a Vodafone TV box, and it was really slow, even if you left in turned on in standby mode, when you woke it up again, you could make a coffee while you waited for it to upload or whatever it does.
    It had numerous other short comings too, and wasnt a patch on the Sky box,
    I would never buy one.

Advanced Member

Hype squad is back!

Jeez, what a week.

The big seller finally runs out of ammo and gets blown away.

What were these dummies thinking selling stock at 12.5, "MUH 4.17% gains" from a 12c placement!

As soon as the selling stops massive buy orders appear. It also mysteriously matches the reduced short selling recently (albeit from a low level).

Just lol at the stock finally going up after I stop posting here. Maybe that's a sign I need to stop. I'm probably overselling this thing with too much takeover talk. Will try and focus on the new narrative, which is all about results on the 21st August.

I had to go to the Sharesies forum to get my fix. The fact that you can click on their Facebook profiles and see who they are is an eye opener. You can't blame these folks. Of cause the average person thinks Sky is a dog. If you're under 30 it's a dog with fleas. Dog, chicken, cow, sheep, who cares. If you're good enough you can make money on anything. It's all about buying and selling at the right price. Sky is a difficult stock to evaluate as the long term fundamentals are in question. However, there's value here if you read between the lines and ignore the typical "Sky is dead" theme that's been bashed over the last 2 decades.

I saw the massive Sharesies buy order get filled this morning at 14.1. Sharesies is getting too big now. They're spamming ads all over TV. It's only going to get bigger. I expect 10x more users over the next few years. I guess this is all good. They've done well with the branding and have broken into a niche market well. They're effect on the market will grow over time.

Is there anything else left to talk about with Sky?

We know that satellite subscriber churn will be low.
    We know that Neon streaming growth will be strong.
    We know that there will be some intangible write downs.
    We know that there is uncertainty
    around sporting events

It's simple really, either a takeover will happen or dividends will resume. Either way the stock is going higher.

The stock has suffered from a lack of institutional investors, especially from overseas. Factor in just about everyone has been burnt on the stock, it leaves a pretty dire situation. There's a strong disconnect between the share price and the underlying value of the business. That's why there needs to be a material event for something to change.

Just lol at Spark rising the price of Spark Sport and then offering discount bundles to mobile customers. Spark were against the Vodafone-Sky merger for that very reason. They said it would raise prices and enable unfair bundles. Not only did they stop the merger, but then go and do the very same thing they said they wanted to prevent, just lol, what a joke. What are Vodafone going to do now? If they sit back and do nothing than they're just a bunch of cuckolds.

The stock should continue it's upward momentum until results are released. Hopefully we can get back to the 17c TARP level. If results, but more importantly, the outlook, is good then maybe back to 20c by September. The registry should be tighter so it should stabilize more. By then the long term downtrend would likely be gone and maybe more investors will come on board.

The other big news to look out for is the Mediaworks TV sale. What is taking them so long! If Discovery Inc does end up buying them then this could work out well for Sky as it brings in another potential bidder for a takeover.

Bring on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Hype squad is back!

Jeez, what a week.

The big seller finally runs out of ammo and gets blown away.

What were these dummies thinking selling stock at 12.5, "MUH 4.17% gains" from a 12c placement!

As soon as the selling stops massive buy orders appear. It also mysteriously matches the reduced short selling recently (albeit from a low level).

Just lol at the stock finally going up after I stop posting here. Maybe that's a sign I need to stop. I'm probably overselling this thing with too much takeover talk. Will try and focus on the new narrative, which is all about results on the 21st August.

I had to go to the Sharesies forum to get my fix. The fact that you can click on their Facebook profiles and see who they are is an eye opener. You can't blame these folks. Of cause the average person thinks Sky is a dog. If you're under 30 it's a dog with fleas. Dog, chicken, cow, sheep, who cares. If you're good enough you can make money on anything. It's all about buying and selling at the right price. Sky is a difficult stock to evaluate as the long term fundamentals are in question. However, there's value here if you read between the lines and ignore the typical "Sky is dead" theme that's been bashed over the last 2 decades.

I saw the massive Sharesies buy order get filled this morning at 14.1. Sharesies is getting too big now. They're spamming ads all over TV. It's only going to get bigger. I expect 10x more users over the next few years. I guess this is all good. They've done well with the branding and have broken into a niche market well. They're effect on the market will grow over time.

Is there anything else left to talk about with Sky?

We know that satellite subscriber churn will be low.
    We know that Neon streaming growth will be strong.
    We know that there will be some intangible write downs.
    We know that there is uncertainty
    around sporting events

It's simple really, either a takeover will happen or dividends will resume. Either way the stock is going higher.

The stock has suffered from a lack of institutional investors, especially from overseas. Factor in just about everyone has been burnt on the stock, it leaves a pretty dire situation. There's a strong disconnect between the share price and the underlying value of the business. That's why there needs to be a material event for something to change.

Just lol at Spark rising the price of Spark Sport and then offering discount bundles to mobile customers. Spark were against the Vodafone-Sky merger for that very reason. They said it would raise prices and enable unfair bundles. Not only did they stop the merger, but then go and do the very same thing they said they wanted to prevent, just lol, what a joke. What are Vodafone going to do now? If they sit back and do nothing than they're just a bunch of cuckolds.

The stock should continue it's upward momentum until results are released. Hopefully we can get back to the 17c TARP level. If results, but more importantly, the outlook, is good then maybe back to 20c by September. The registry should be tighter so it should stabilize more. By then the long term downtrend would likely be gone and maybe more investors will come on board.

The other big news to look out for is the Mediaworks TV sale. What is taking them so long! If Discovery Inc does end up buying them then this could work out well for Sky as it brings in another potential bidder for a takeover.

Bring on Monday!
    All I know is this is a great stock to trade.

Undervalued from a intrinsic value perspective purely based on cash flows sure, provided their OCF doesn't significantly downgrade. I do imagine the provisional guidance given may be upgraded with the change in COVID status in NZ since the guidance was given which may be beneficial.

Sharesies is the bet365 of shares for those posters on facebook.
    A common theme I see with this crowd is making conclusions on sp movements based on their everyday thoughts while they're sitting bored on their couch after work, rather than actually reading any financial statements.

A great example is a neighbour of mine who uses sharesies who was aggressively giving me stock recommendations, using ideas like how KFC being busy meant RBD will spike.
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 07-08-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Ah! Commando - the Movie.

I watched this back in 1989 on a fairly rough ferry trip between the Icelandic mainland and Heimaey, an island of the Southern Coast notable for it's Puffins and a Volcanic eruption in 1973.

A great fan of Arnie, I was especially impressed by his ability to pick out, leap over & duck behind a bullet proof privet hedge and then pop back up and kill an entire squad of widely dispersed soldiers using less bullets than there were targets.

The other movie was Legal Eagles -

They should have an Arnie movie channel on Sky that would bring the punters in, especially if they showed True Lies every day.

Add in a Jackie Chan channel, a Shah Rukh Kahn channel & a Ranjinikanth channel and I would be tempted to come back to NZ and subscribe.

Disc: recent addition to the share register.
    om mani peme hum

Yes back to real things. No more takeover talk
    Institutions have brought into sky in a big way. They can see the value and undervalued price of sky. I'm a little surprised they haven't Brough more but I suppose with the capital raise everyone now has more money in the shares than they originally planned (me included).
    Only 2 more weeks to go anyway.
    Then we will see

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiJohn View Post
    John, are you really a Thai, or an Aussie thats gone Troppo?