sharetrader
Page 376 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 14174

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I’m not doing the work for you mate.

2c per share NPAT as you claim sounds very GAAP to me - and in line with the top end of projected profit (pre COVID adjustment which now seems to be a worst case scenario that did not eventuate)

And if you aren’t referring to GAAP and have some concept of ‘normalised earnings’ then Christ only knows what that is because the figures you have touted have absolutely no bearing on how much money the business is actually earning.

All the best, I’m sure you will make the right call in the end based on investing within your circle of competence.

In my experience - if an investment doesn’t scream out at you as blindingly obvious to invest in, you should just move on.
    Hey Ferg ...you don’t deserve a contemptuous response like that from mrT so don’t take it to heart.

I think mrT is guiding you to look at things like free cash flows and owners earnings. They do put Sky in a different light but you still have to assess what these are going forward to judge whether SKT is cheap now
    Last edited by winner69; 10-08-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

What I'm really looking for in the results: "is Sky maintaining it's market position as a leading player in NZ media." If answer is "yes" (which is likely), I'm happy.
    Stuff recently changed hands for $1 and it is maintaining it's market position as a leading player in NZ media.

Perhaps if Sinead has a second dollar, you'll finally get your takeover offer!
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Its a hard stock to guess. When it was 65 cents did that not seem too cheap. Divided by 3 equals almost 22 cents a share. I would like to see this back to 30cents a share would would equal 90 cents a share. Let's hope.
    65c did seem cheap to me back then but Sky had a lot of unaddressed debt at the time and it looks like the market was taking the worst possible view, even though Martin had just started to show the first signs of his brilliance. Then COVID hit. Now they have mapped out their transformation plan I’m guessing we’ll see the first signs of their ability to execute. CR was a good thing albeit painful and hopefully it’s wiped out some of the non-believers. If there are some good things to communicate to the market in the annual report that will rebuild confidence in Sky under Martin’s leadership. COVID would have accelerated neon take up which should have a much higher valuation to their business then the legacy business (which is great cash flow). Opening the doors on other markets with their huge database and advertising platform would be a good thing. IP (tracked) advertising will be a game changer. There’s a lot of possible good things that can boost sp from here (just my opinion-I’m not an expert). So I’m taking an optimistic view. I think the Olympics would make kiwis like Sky again, particularly if you can win a few medals! Discl: I’m in for 1m+ shares at the moment. Would by more if I could.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

I think mrT is guiding you to look at things like free cash flows and owners earnings. They do put Sky in a different light but you still have to assess what these are going forward to judge whether SKT is cheap now

This approach doesn’t seem to have helped mrT over the years ...he’s got a pretty sizeable holding but really is hoping like anything that one day he’ll get out of the hole he’s dug himself without losing too much (only speculation based on numbers he’s quoted in his posts over the last few months)
    His original post refers to FCF - he has already attempted to look at that, but has drawn an incorrect conclusion. I know my message is blunt - but I am genuinely trying to give Ferg good advice (in the general sense).

That last part of yours was very very mean mate and really hurt my feelings. Now, I’m not going to try to get you booted off the platform or anything - even though that cut me deep...

But I seriously hope that Left Field finds time in what he referred to as his “part time unpaid work” as an editor to message you privately with a stern telling off like he did me!

And then, I think it is high time you and I hugged it out.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Stuff recently changed hands for $1 and it is maintaining it's market position as a leading player in NZ media.

Perhaps if Sinead has a second dollar, you'll finally get your takeover offer!
    Sky UK recently changed hands for $39 billion.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    His original post refers to FCF - he has already attempted to look at that, but has drawn an incorrect conclusion. I know my message is blunt - but I am genuinely trying to give Ferg good advice (in the general sense).

That last part of yours was very very mean mate and really hurt my feelings. Now, I’m not going to try to get you booted off the platform or anything - even though that cut me deep...

But I seriously hope that Left Field finds time in what he referred to as his “part time unpaid work” as an editor to message you privately with a stern telling off like he did me!

And then, I think it is high time you and I hugged it out.
    Aw, shucks, with plots like that, you guys should be writing scripts for Hollywood, er, well maybe Mills & Boon!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Aw, shucks, with plots like that, you guys should be writing scripts for Hollywood, er, well maybe Mills & Boon!
    I was hoping more for Brokeback Mountain tbh.

Me being Heath Ledger of course 😅

Advanced Member

with a name like that, you should be able to balance the books!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Sky UK recently changed hands for $39 billion.
    Which would make that about NZD $60 billion.

Quite a good article about Sky TV Europe takeover here: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45634303