sharetrader
Page 379 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2793293693753763773783793803813823833894294798791379 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yeah that is very true - depending on how the SP behaves after the next lot of results.

If it is still way low then I too would much prefer a buyback than a dividend. But I bet they will choose to declare a dividend instead because it will have a better affect on the SP (short term).

The Board will be under a lot of pressure to sort out the share price right now. And not everyone is a long term investor preferring buybacks etc for a higher gain in the long run.
    Imagine doing a $50m buyback for a $250m company. One would think the share price would go up on that than say a 50m dividend payout.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    I'd hope that Black Crane would pop-up and talk some sense into them.

All old stuff but if you replaced the word Foxtel with the word Sky in this article Norway would you be buying sky shares (except for a punt and a quick buck)

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...09-p55k22.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All old stuff but if you replaced the word Foxtel with the word Sky in this article Norway would you be buying sky shares (except for a punt and a quick buck)

Replace the word "ViacomCBS", with "Sky" and then replace the word "Halo" with Rugby.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Imagine doing a $50m buyback for a $250m company. One would think the share price would go up on that than say a 50m dividend payout.
    Stop talking dirty to me mate, you know how I get...🥰

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

It’s short term for the content owners too. Their share price is getting a bump but when they start churning customers who don’t want multiple subscriptions they’ll come to their senses. Not everything that works in the US works in Australia or New Zealand.

Tempting but they could possibly make quite a bit off that money too though I wonder how that would compare to the increase in sp.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    It’s short term for the content owners too. Their share price is getting a bump but when they start churning customers who don’t want multiple subscriptions they’ll come to their senses. Not everything that works in the US works in Australia or New Zealand.
    Yes, a lot of content is only consumable by the masses when it is aggregated.

If they all ditched Sky there is no way I would subscribe to Netflix + Hulu + HBO Max + Showtime + Disney+ and whoever else thinks it is a great idea to ‘go direct’.

I don’t believe for a second that the day of the aggregator is over. Whether or not Sky hold their position as the aggregator for NZ is another question... but aggregation will continue in one form or another.

I believe Sky is in the best position to provide a service for that need.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 10-08-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Replace the word "ViacomCBS", with "Sky" and then replace the word "Halo" with Rugby.
    There is a global market for Rugby. But it's nothing like football in Europe or cricket in India.

I am struggling to see any cash cows markets...maybe northern india/pakistan. Rugby is similar to kabbadi, so might get some traction over in those areas.

Advanced Member

There is a global market for Rugby. But it's nothing like football in Europe or cricket in India.

I am struggling to see any cash cows markets...maybe northern india/pakistan. Rugby is similar to kabbadi, so might get some traction over in those areas.
    Japan maybe. But yeah, not a big cash cow.

Let's say Rugbypass is worth $50m.

Is Neon and the Satellite business only worth $187m according to today's market price?