sharetrader
Page 386 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2863363763823833843853863873883893903964364868861386 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 14177

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Accountancy #1001.

Homeowner (with pride) You know, I've owned my house for 20 years now
    Accountant. What?, You complete idiot!!
    H. I beg your pardon?
    A. dont you realise how much interest you have paid?, and in your case its not even tax deductable.
    H. But..
    A. dont you but me, the best way of debt reduction, is not to take it on in the first place!
    H. Well,
    A. you should be unWell!, dont you keep track of all the maintanence you have paid in that time?
    H. So, if I had a Landlord, they would do it all?.
    A. Yes!
    H. Gee, I wish I had come to see you 20 years ago!
    I wonder if NEP will buy my house??
    Glad it's your Accountancy 1001 as it makes no point at all.
    The selling was a good move imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Accountancy #1001.

Homeowner (with pride) You know, I've owned my house for 20 years now
    Accountant. What?, You complete idiot!!
    H. I beg your pardon?
    A. dont you realise how much interest you have paid?, and in your case its not even tax deductable.
    H. But..
    A. dont you but me, the best way of debt reduction, is not to take it on in the first place!
    H. Well,
    A. you should be unWell!, dont you keep track of all the maintanence you have paid in that time?
    H. So, if I had a Landlord, they would do it all?.
    A. Yes!
    H. Gee, I wish I had come to see you 20 years ago!
    I wonder if NEP will buy my house??
    People don't realise how hard it is to be a landlord or even a home owner.

Mind you Home & Income is the biggest gravy train in the property market these days. You are virtually untaxed on rent from 'boarders', regardless of how many you have. Also you are exempt from the tenancy laws (evictions etc..) that apply to tenants in investment properties. Granny flats will be hot especially since council got rid of consent requirements for small unattached buildings.

Hilarious at people saying it's going to dip down to 12c based on the OPEN movement. You would have sold at a huge discount to todays price for no reason.

Not saying it doesn't have potential to dip again, but selling on open following COVID news like that is probably the worst thing you can do, always better to wait a little especially for stocks dual listed on ASX.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Hilarious at people saying it's going to dip down to 12c based on the OPEN movement. You would have sold at a huge discount to todays price for no reason.

Not saying it doesn't have potential to dip again, but selling on open following COVID news like that is probably the worst thing you can do, always better to wait a little especially for stocks dual listed on ASX.
    Same thing happened in March, remember?

Illustrating again that history repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Same thing happened in March, remember?

Illustrating again that history repeats itself.
    Yeah, and just lol at some of the posters on here. I'm sure some newer investors would be influenced by doomsday posts, especially regarding the sell off of the OSB. The posts make it sound like the company is dead now.

They met their guidance. Enterprise value is looking not bad at all. Share price isn't exactly overbought by any means right now.

Yeah, and just lol at some of the posters on here. I'm sure some newer investors would be influenced by doomsday posts, especially regarding the sell off of the OSB. The posts make it sound like the company is dead now.

They met their guidance. Enterprise value is looking not bad at all. Share price isn't exactly overbought by any means right now.
    Could not resist - loaded up with more stock this morning.

Advanced Member

Market slowly figuring out how significant this announcement is.

The stock should close in the green if Mr Market had any brains.

It's the equivalent to Telecom spinning off Chorus.

Company changing announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Could not resist - loaded up with more stock this morning.
    Smart move!

Advanced Member

Timing of the OSB sale was perfect. Rugby season is ending. Covid-19 is now back in NZ.

Even if it was sold for $1 it's a great outcome.

Sky haven't made any mention of the progress they've made with their growth plans which should come out in the presentation meaning more good news which they'll need money to fund. They'll have something big to talk about – which they can't do just as yet.