sharetrader
Page 388 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2883383783843853863873883893903913923984384888881388 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 14173

no particular reason but my gut is telling me this could be a management buyout,just given the amount of cash floating around.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Wellington probably, so Marko (infratil) doesn't have too far to travel. Rebecca (Discovery) will join by Zoom. Maybe Chris from NBCuniversal will join in for a three way. 10am good?
    Will call Martin from AT&T, cause HBO might throw in a bid.

Looks like we'll need 4 chairs.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    could be a management buyout
    Just lol.

Management will be serving the orange juice.

Advanced Member

Will call Martin from AT&T, cause HBO might throw in a bid.

Looks like we'll need 4 chairs.
    Just when I was gonna say 3 cheers, I've been out bidded..

Guru

Management will be serving the orange juice.
    LOLLLL.

Yeah, buying shares of Sky TV is not something this management have ever shown any interest in, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    LOLLLL.

Yeah, buying shares of Sky TV is not something this management have ever shown any interest in, that's for sure!
    Saving their $$$ for now? 🤪

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Saving their $$$ for now? 浪
    Haha, maybe

If a takeover is looming - and there seems to be more consensus on this forum now that the results have been delayed that a pending takeover is most likely why - then let us hope Ogg's idea of a threeway between IFT, Discovery and NBCUniversal comes true.

If Discovery end up nabbing TV3 I would think they are in the drivers seat for grabbing Sky. Comcom and OIO approval is a given for them (or NBCUniversal for that matter).

IFT should get approval too, but I think the Comcom would still scrutinise merging Sky with an existing telco harder than a big US Company that will buy Sky and turn it into another telco (and therefore, more competition).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Haha, maybe

If a takeover is looming - and there seems to be more consensus on this forum now that the results have been delayed that a pending takeover is most likely why - then let us hope Ogg's idea of a threeway between IFT, Discovery and NBCUniversal comes true.

If Discovery end up nabbing TV3 I would think they are in the drivers seat for grabbing Sky. Comcom and OIO approval is a given for them (or NBCUniversal for that matter).

IFT should get approval too, but I think the Comcom would still scrutinise merging Sky with an existing telco harder than a big US Company that will buy Sky and turn it into another telco (and therefore, more competition).
    As much as I want a bidding war, you would have to think Infrail are in the drivers seat here. They're the most logical buyer. They are cashed up and wanting to take on Spark with the cricket rights.

I'm thinking this is all going to be wrapped up rather quickly. It's likely OSB was part of the condition, hence why that is being spin off now.

30c does seem a far way off from here but like what a user here before suggested, the Opus takeover was done at an almost 100% premium. It's gotta be somewhere in the mid 20's you would think to get support from Jupiter, ACC and Kiltearn, who are all long term sufferers of the stock.

Big boys aren't selling here. Ignore all the short term price movements of the stock. Wait for the big announcement...it's coming.

Wellington probably, so Marko (infratil) doesn't have too far to travel. Rebecca (Discovery) will join by Zoom. Maybe Chris from NBCuniversal will join in for a three way. 10am good?
    Ménage à trois
    Last edited by Quantitative Easing; 12-08-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Advanced Member

I'm tipping a Mediaworks/Sky/Vodafone mega merger. Like what I've said all along.

Hence why the Mediaworks sale announcement is taking so long.

Hence why Sky results have been pushed out to 10th September.

Only question is, will there be any crumbs for retail investors here?