sharetrader
Page 389 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2893393793853863873883893903913923933994394898891389 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 14173

How big is this ‘mountain of cash’?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    As much as I want a bidding war, you would have to think Infrail are in the drivers seat here. They're the most logical buyer. They are cashed up and wanting to take on Spark with the cricket rights.
    Absolutely agree with the strong case presented as to why IFT should be the one to by Sky. And it may well be that they surface as the buyer in the next few weeks.

The only reason I wonder now is because of the speculation about Discovery buying TV3. I don't really see why you would want to just buy TV3...unless you are buying Sky too.

So of the media speculation is correct (and it may be absolute bs) and Discovery are at the final stages of buying TV3...securing that asset, merging it with Sky and then turning it into a telco that can seriously compete with the big boys (Spark and Vodafone) would be a compelling prospect. Possibly the best outcome for consumers.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Absolutely agree with the strong case presented as to why IFT should be the one to by Sky. And it may well be that they surface as the buyer in the next few weeks.

The only reason I wonder now is because of the speculation about Discovery buying TV3. I don't really see why you would want to just buy TV3...unless you are buying Sky too.

So of the media speculation is correct (and it may be absolute bs) and Discovery are at the final stages of buying TV3...securing that asset, merging it with Sky and then turning it into a telco that can seriously compete with the big boys (Spark and Vodafone) would be a compelling prospect. Possibly the best outcome for consumers.
    Discovery buying Mediaworks does put a thorn in my "theory", but they are just rumors. If it was Discovery you would have thought they would have bought it by now.

I think Discovery were just the backup plan for Brooksfield if their lawyers said a mega merger wouldn't get ComCom approval. Maybe the lawyers have gone over everything now and are confident a mega merger would get the green light. In other words Brooksfield were just stringing along Discovery.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    How big is this ‘mountain of cash’?
    Perhaps more of a knoll.

$118M cash - $100M bond repayment + whatever $ they get for OSB + retained earnings = Sky TV cash knoll.

Advanced Member

Maybe Discovery are buying Mediaworks, but only on the condition that Infratil/Brooksfield get Sky. Maybe that's why Sky pushed out results to the 10th September, so that they can get ComCom clearance for OSB, and also Discovery can get ComCom clearance for Mediaworks. Then on the 10th of September it all goes unconditional.

Infratil/Brooksfield would have to finalize the purchase of Sky, but with Discovery out of the way it's clean sailing for them.

Advanced Member

It would also be a big help for Infratil/Brooksfield if Discovery bought Mediaworks. Because then Infratil/Brooksfield could argue to the ComCom there's more competition now, which would mean getting the greenlight for buying Sky.

It's really about slicing up the cake and making everyone happy.

Will we get a piece tho?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It would also be a big help for Infratil/Brooksfield if Discovery bought Mediaworks. Because then Infratil/Brooksfield could argue to the ComCom there's more competition now, which would mean getting the greenlight for buying Sky.

It's really about slicing up the cake and making everyone happy.

Will we get a piece tho?
    Someone us getting excited! I bet you won't be able to focus at work now mate as you wait for 'the news'

If Infratil or Discovery could be generous enough to offer me 36c I could clear my mortgage and buy a brand new mustang. That would be nice...

And that is only NZ$628.66M for them. Chump change...

Advanced Member

Someone us getting excited! I bet you won't be able to focus at work now mate as you wait for 'the news'

If Infratil or Discovery could be generous enough to offer me 36c I could clear my mortgage and buy a brand new mustang. That would be nice...

And that is only NZ$628.66M for them. Chump change...
    Work is drying up here. Lockdown!

Sucks having to wait until the 10th September.

36c would be nice. I'd take a lot less, but you know my position

Perhaps more of a knoll.

$118M cash - $100M bond repayment + whatever $ they get for OSB + retained earnings = Sky TV cash knoll.
    Isn’t the retained earnings in the $118m?

So the knoll $18,000,001

But bank willing to lend heaps if they need it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

But bank willing to lend heaps if they need it
    The real question is, will the bank allow a leveraged buy out.

Buy Sky now for $1 and but the rest on the credit card.