sharetrader
Page 395 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2953453853913923933943953963973983994054454958951395 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 14173

Sharesies is making fun of Sky again. At least we got their attention now. Been seeing sky posts daily on sharesies page and we are starting to convert some of them.

Someone really needs to take a hit by pushing the idea of a takeover on sharesies page. GO GO GO...

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Modandm.
    This company has the largest moat of any company in NZ.ie it is darn near impossible to
    set up against them.
    My sky has been a winner.In our house we now have another decoder so another $25 per month.
    Young people grow up with it and when they set up home so they get sky installed.
    Seems the churm rate is very low.
    How much 10 years makes a difference. Maybe in another 10 sky wouldn't be here? Either won't exist at all or as part of a different parent company? I still stand by the fact that sky is too important to let die. So that's why takeover is likely. Can't keep limping forever without big backing.

Covid will have a effect on Sky with the sports side of things. But as they've show the churn rate is very low. Most people are still happy with it. Neon will get a whole different demographic.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Covid will have a effect on Sky with the sports side of things. But as they've show the churn rate is very low. Most people are still happy with it. Neon will get a whole different demographic.
    They can't do new installs. That's the only disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Seriously thinking about dropping another $100k on this at the end of the month, then dumping it all on the 10th if a takeover doesn't happen. Do I need my head checked?

Hopefully the stock drops back down to 12.

RISK ON!

Thoughts?
    Watching with interest to see if your head rolls. I am in as deep as I want at this stage just walking the tightrope between greed and fear.
    Last edited by airedale; 13-08-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Guru

They can't do new installs. That's the only disadvantage.
    The sooner they release Sky Go as a stand-alone offering the better in my view.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    The sooner they release Sky Go as a stand-alone offering the better in my view.

Problem solved.
    They have though haven't they.....
    300 a year for it. Which is the same as spark sport

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    They have though haven't they.....
    300 a year for it. Which is the same as spark sport
    No that is Sky Sport NOW.

Sky Go is the companion app for satellite subs. Allows you to stream traditional sky.

They recently added functionality to allow users to Chromecast to the big screen (previously you could only watch on laptop, smartphone, tablet...).

So the next step is to offer it as a stand-alone product (not just a ‘freebie’ for satellite subs).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    No that is Sky Sport NOW.

Sky Go is the companion app for satellite subs. Allows you to stream traditional sky.

They recently added functionality to allow users to Chromecast to the big screen (previously you could only watch on laptop, smartphone, tablet...).

So the next step is to offer it as a stand-alone product (not just a ‘freebie’ for satellite subs).
    When you call 0800 759 759 it redirects to Mista's house

Guru

When you call 0800 759 759 it redirects to Mista's house
    Martin should offer me a contract to be the Product Owner for Sky Go. I would whip that product into shape in no time.

But apparently begging for a job at the last AGM and humping his leg while crying was not a smart move...