sharetrader
Page 4 of 1417 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Will SKT suffer political interference as have TEL and AIA, or will they be saved by the election?

Sky fears rivals will win numbers game
    Sky Television says it is worried that the Government may be swayed by calls to split up or otherwise hobble the broadcaster, and that numbers may be against it.

The Culture and Heritage Ministry is conducting a review of broadcasting regulation and is due to report back to the Cabinet next month.

Options could include the "unbundling" of Sky set-top boxes, "anti-siphoning controls" that would limit its ability to buy exclusive broadcasting rights to sporting events, and "must carry" obligations that might force Sky to carry competing channels on terms set by regulators.
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Who is the The Culture and Heritage Minister?

Default skt update

SKT hasnet been mentioned since 2008 seems unbelievable...

has been in a strong growth trend for last 6 months (along with many others) but possibly the big gamechanger and stimulus for sky has been the introduction and sucess of MYSKYHDi. Seems like everyone has upgraded and this must be great for SKY as a monthly price/value increase.

Has suffered a big fall in last week but im thinking of jumping on to see the trend resume.

Opinions on sky?

percy

Modandm.
    This company has the largest moat of any company in NZ.ie it is darn near impossible to
    set up against them.
    My sky has been a winner.In our house we now have another decoder so another $25 per month.
    Young people grow up with it and when they set up home so they get sky installed.
    Seems the churm rate is very low.

Veteran novice

I agree with that, percy. One of the better stocks on the NZX, IMO.

I "inherited" my shareholding from the merger with INL some years back. I didn't like it at the time but since then, of course, newspapers have had it tough so things worked out alright!

Don't have Sky myself - one of the few Kiwis without it but do find myself weakening at times.

Advanced Member

Not so sure about that , internet tv watching could explode fairly quickly.

I already watch most of my foreign sport on http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports and also subscribe to mlb baseball

Avatar is on justin tv at the moment on their entertainment channels , wont be on sky for months
    Last edited by ratkin; 02-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

Don't have Sky myself - one of the few Kiwis without it but do find myself weakening at times.

Neither do I. 12 channels of sh*t on Freeview - can't see the need to spend more for more channels of rubbish with Sky.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Not so sure about that , internet tv watching could explode fairly quickly.
    Agree. What we need is faster broadband but John is seeing to that.

Subscribe to sports so you can get them live direct from the operation (ie MLB, or in the future: Alll Blacks etc) and everything else can be downloaded and watched when convienent.

In the US, most network shows can be watched on Hulu over the internet.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

What's everyones opinion on sky tv?

It's basically a monopoly with no real competition in NZ. It's overpriced right now but if it goes back down to about $3.20 is what it was at...

percy

ENP Refer to my earlier post.I do not think it will visit $3.20.Would appear to me to be in a strong uptrend.I watch Rugby and Formula One.Wife watches UK TV while daughter watches Films.
    Granddaughter watches Disney and Cartoons.I used to watch business programs but now spend more time on sharetrader.