sharetrader
Page 40 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You might have misinterpreted what I was trying to say, I was using SKT as an example of a share that had a SP appreciation on a profit downgrade and I see Air currently in a similar situation yet with better long term prospects. So basically I see the Air share price has more reason than Sky has to head north given time if that makes sense?
    Quite probably did misinterpret mate, need another coffee to get my brain into gear...with you on AIR for sure but they need to get that Australian gorilla off their back first
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-05-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the content they got is rubbish, except soho but to get that means the cost of the product goes up to nearly $70 per mth.

compare if you have a broadband package with spark light box is free so you save $70 per mth if you get Netflix as well $15 per mth you still save $55 per mth + free channels on freeview

why would a broadband provider want sky? pay for a declining product be a waste of money in the long run against Netflix

people want all you can eat tv on demand - full stop
    We recently dropped Netflix as the bulk of the content was very old, and we only liked watching a few of the new original series offered.

We have actually re-signed up to Sky - shock horror - for the princely sum of $49/month including decoder rental and SOHO (no HD ticket), compared to the $80/month we were previously paying. At this new price level I'm a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    We recently dropped Netflix as the bulk of the content was very old, and we only liked watching a few of the new original series offered.

We have actually re-signed up to Sky - shock horror - for the princely sum of $49/month including decoder rental and SOHO (no HD ticket), compared to the $80/month we were previously paying. At this new price level I'm a happy customer.
    you must have got soho on a deal?

agree about Netflix nz content at the moment is limited to old movies and a few good tv shows but as time goes on and sky tv revenue declines they wont be able to afford to keep buying the rights to everything so the likes of spark and Netflix will continue to eat there lunch
    one step ahead of the herd

Handsome Member

the content they got is rubbish, except soho but to get that means the cost of the product goes up to nearly $70 per mth.

compare if you have a broadband package with spark light box is free so you save $70 per mth if you get Netflix as well $15 per mth you still save $55 per mth + free channels on freeview

why would a broadband provider want sky? pay for a declining product be a waste of money in the long run against Netflix

people want all you can eat tv on demand - full stop
    Sorry what I meant to say is, if Sky keeps buying the content (be it for Soho or Neon) and their contracts limit the other players in NZ to buy them, that would mean ppl will have to some how or the other keep/get Sky if they legally want the content.
    And it's not a broadband company wanting Sky, but vice versa..... Sky needs to package their OWN BB+Sky deals like Spark is doing with Lightbox. A new revenue stream and a way to get their existing business out there.
    Growth is a major problem for Sky at the moment and they HAVE to diversify!

Sky TV going the way of VHS and physical rental video stores.

Get yourself an IPTV box with Kodi - Free Sky Sports channels, international language channels (upwards of 300-400 channels all up), latest up to date tv shows and latest release movies - All in HD quality.

Only the one off cost to purchase the box itself, then bob's your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post

Get yourself an IPTV box with Kodi - Free Sky Sports channels, international language channels (upwards of 300-400 channels all up), latest up to date tv shows and latest release movies - All in HD quality.

Sounds good. For us non teckkies - Got a link to it mate ?

you must have got soho on a deal?

agree about Netflix nz content at the moment is limited to old movies and a few good tv shows but as time goes on and sky tv revenue declines they wont be able to afford to keep buying the rights to everything so the likes of spark and Netflix will continue to eat there lunch
    Yes - it was one of the best package deals I've seen offered for Sky and it came at an opportune time for us. We had been watching some of the content available internationally on Netflix, but subsequent to the VPN/DNS loopholes been semi-closed, I decided that I didn't really want to spend my evenings slaving over a hot computer staying one step ahead of them.

We still use Kodi (and have been since it was XBMC) a bit on our media PC, but having had plug-in compatibility issues, patching issues with the pc, and then a driver issue with the TV tuner I've personally lost some enthusiasm.

I’m currently trying to simplify my IT related life!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post

kodi tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5Mz2Yci4c
    one step ahead of the herd

And if you use a Raspberry Pi Model 3B (~$60 delivered from Element 14) as the computer, it works out pretty cheap.

Ive got Kodi set up on the pc and Android tablet. I would do this if you want to have a play before buying a box.