sharetrader
Page 400 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3003503903963973983994004014024034044104505009001400 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Quiet day today. Presume everyone's waiting for the update from Sky. In the meantime, has anyone heard any news related to the Mediaworks sale?
    Mediaworks sale? You mean the asset stripping. Brooksfield has long finished with that.

Waiting in line at 13.7 for more. Not many trades today expect for some UBS bots.

According to reddit Neon has improved a lot since it has merged with lightbox. Surprisingly a lot of people seem to prefer amazon prime over netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Mediaworks sale? You mean the asset stripping. Brooksfield has long finished with that.

Waiting in line at 13.7 for more. Not many trades today expect for some UBS bots.
    I’m just keen to find out whether it’s going to be Discovery buying MW, however I suspect you’re right, and that nothing will happen. It was rumoured that Sky was waiting inline but I doubt that’s the case too. Not much happening on the ASX either. A few bot crosses pushing the price down slightly, most likely coming from UBS or Credit Suisse or whichever broker put the ****ty target prices on Sky (to suit their own purposes).

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    According to reddit Neon has improved a lot since it has merged with lightbox. Surprisingly a lot of people seem to prefer amazon prime over netflix.
    Was a good move to buy Lightbox. Sounds like an awesome platform + all of the customers that were bundled into the deal.

Was a good move to buy Lightbox. Sounds like an awesome platform + all of the customers that were bundled into the deal.
    Yes reddit knows best and is ultimately the best insight into the market as it is the platform with the most market participants.

Advanced Member

I’m just keen to find out whether it’s going to be Discovery buying MW, however I suspect you’re right, and that nothing will happen. It was rumoured that Sky was waiting inline but I doubt that’s the case too. Not much happening on the ASX either. A few bot crosses pushing the price down slightly, most likely coming from UBS or Credit Suisse or whichever broker put the ****ty target prices on Sky (to suit their own purposes).
    From what I can gather (from public information) and from what I see likely happening...

Mediaworks is being sold to Discovery as part of a condition that Infratil/Brooksfield get Sky.

Mediaworks got asset striped first (by the owner Brooksfield) and then is getting offered to Discovery to appease regulators in a larger deal with Sky.

One buyer can't have everything, otherwise the ComCom would block the transaction.

You read it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Yes reddit knows best and is ultimately the best insight into the market as it is the platform with the most market participants.
    It’s honest and reliable feedback. If there’s anything they don’t like they’d let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    From what I can gather (from public information) and from what I see likely happening...

Mediaworks is being sold to Discovery as part of a condition that Infratil/Brooksfield get Sky.

Mediaworks got asset striped first (by the owner Brooksfield) and then is getting offered to Discovery to appease regulators in a larger deal with Sky.

One buyer can't have everything, otherwise the ComCom would block the transaction.

You read it here first.
    I’m pretty sure there are a lot of behind the scenes deals like that going on.

I reckon that if Sky’s going to get taken over it’s more likely going to be from a Comcast or similar player that can bring some scale, content, adtech and US$ that might benefit from Sky NZ’s rugby deals and the next to nothing US$ price.

Whatever the case, the SP will get a nice boost.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...-with-vodafone

I also find the timing of this very strange. It could be nothing and most probably is...or it could be the start of the great media-telco consolidation in Australasia. Needs to happen sooner than later if they want to survive.

Advanced Member

Further to my post above, you might ask... "why doesn't Discovery just buy Sky instead of Mediaworks"?

The answer: Sky is worth more to Infratil/Brooksfield because of their existing relationship with Sky and also because Sky is entering the broadband market. THerefore Infratil/Brooksfield will always likely outbid Discovery for Sky. Rather than Infratil/Brooksfield and Discovery fighting over Sky, and pushing up the price, Discovery gets Mediaworks from Infratil/Brooksfield for a discounted price, as part of Discovery agreeing to stay out of Sky.