sharetrader
Page 404 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3043543944004014024034044054064074084144545049041404 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 14171
    Guru

Did anyone notice the T V ads for the movies for 2 months @ $10/ month?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Did anyone notice the T V ads for the movies for 2 months @ $10/ month?
    I get offered free movies for 3 months on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    For any of you who are buying and holding Sky shares with the primary reason being that you expect a takeover, you may want to look at this job ad posted today:

https://www.seek.co.nz/job/50416286?...7-72e1061e9e59

No way would they be hiring for this role if a merger with Vodafone was imminent.

Even if another player (like Discovery) was in negotiations with Sky, I doubt they would move along with hiring a senior position for the broadband strategy until the takeover was sorted.

To me it looks like pretty compelling evidence that takeover/merger discussions are not underway. Of course, I could be wrong - DYOR.
    Geez, they're moving pretty slowly given that broadband was outlined as a new product offering in their CR presentation a few months ago.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Geez, they're moving pretty slowly given that broadband was outlined as a new product offering in their CR presentation a few months ago.
    They did say they would do it next year, and they've already spent $5m on it.

https://www.broadbandcompare.co.nz/n...rket-next-year

Weather or not there's a takeover, broadband is getting rolled out and offered to Sky Subscribers one way or another. If Infratil do make a takeover, it will likely take them 2 years to merge the companies together fully. You're gonna need a "head of broadband" to start the process off first.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Weather or not there's a takeover, broadband is getting rolled out and offered to Sky Subscribers one way or another. If Infratil do make a takeover, it will likely take them 2 years to merge the companies together fully. You're gonna need a "head of broadband" to start the process off first.
    To quote a common response from Ogg... “just lol”

🤣🤣🤣

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    To quote a common response from Ogg... “just lol”

藍藍藍
    Read the ad again. It doesn't even say "Head of Sky Broadband", it just says "Head of Broadband"

Advanced Member

Also, another quote from the ad

"as we move towards becoming a telecommunications provider"

Watch out Spark

Advanced Member

Fixed:

"as we move towards becoming Vodafone"

They did say they would do it next year, and they've already spent $5m on it.

https://www.broadbandcompare.co.nz/n...rket-next-year

It will be next year by the time they interview, check references, negotiate, candidate gives notice, then relocates (I think they'd be lucky to find a suitable candidate who's interested to fill from the local market but you never know). Then they got to put the product offering together. They're not breaking any speed records is all I'm saying.

DFABPCLMB

I'm not so sure it is a ghost listing, per here : https://www.broadbandcompare.co.nz/b...on=information
    If the choice is a bluff or a real job, would Occam's razor suggest they are doing it...?

IMO given there are internet providers now offering uncapped plans to rural households, Sky may see this as a threat to (or an opportunity for?) it's rural satellite customer base. Whether this service is offered as a reseller of someone else's service, or as a genuine provider using technology and/or infrastructure already in place in Sky, remains to be seen. An interesting and smart move.

Edit: apologies but I see Ogg already posted a similar link....that's what happens when one is too slow in posting!

It's a bluff people! Notice how they don't have "A full role profile can be provided upon request" at the bottom of the ad like all their other ads. It's cause they're an't one as it's a ghost listing.
    Last edited by Ferg; 19-08-2020 at 05:59 PM.