sharetrader
Page 41 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551911415411041 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

This is one product that's got dearer over the long term (unlike internet & mobile cost for example) while the product has hardly improved, they've had it too good for too long, the party is over!

Membaa

Market wasn't fooled by the puffed up announcement and downplayed risks. What a thumping, more than half way back to it's $4.11 Jan low. Wait till the punters read this in their newspaper over the weekend, Monday and next week could be really ugly too. SKT needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat, its only strength is it's subscriber base but it doesn't have the business model yet to disrupt it's own business and ensure those subscribers stay connected and keep paying the big bucks for content that can mostly be sourced elsewhere, often for free. Do the maths and extrapolate the subscriber defection trend, to see how long it lasts and what's left. Not to mention the next generation who don't even watch a TV, why would they when they can gorge on unlimited free content from anywhere at anytime. I'd like to see breakdown of the subscribers by age group. Death by a thousand cuts.

Guru

Down another 27c today to $4.36, good chance to get down to recent lows of $4.12 in January. Currently $1.19 off recent high on the 4th of May.

You'd be p!$$ed if you bought early last week!

new lows coming I guess? spark - lightbox must be really eating there lunch

as an aside nz herald has been sold? has sky tv brought it? lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Down another 27c today to $4.36, good chance to get down to recent lows of $4.12 in January. Currently $1.19 off recent high on the 4th of May.

Watch out for OS dividend funds selling

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    new lows coming I guess? spark - lightbox must be really eating there lunch

as an aside nz herald has been sold? has sky tv brought it? lol
    The competition is immense now, with most of the competitors leveraging a lower cost base for distribution. Spotify are now entering the marketplace with their own unique content.

One thing I'll research when I have some spare time is how many hours the average New Zealander spends watching TV, broken down by age and platform. Although we have access to a myriad of content, we personally are watching less that we ever have in the past.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...c-says-analyst

pay for your own channel mix would be my preference, neon is so gabbage as a low cost option

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Sounds good. For us non teckkies - Got a link to it mate ?
    To start you off you can try searching 'Kodi android 5' in Ebay, from there you'll have to do DYOR as to which is the best option for you. Most boxes are software pre-installed and just require setup to your internet as your only step.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

Hits new low of 408, should be sub $4 soon...

yea all time lows at 3.35 odd during gfc but will be revisited - people loath sky tv from what I read in the newspapers most common complaints rip off , crap channels , cant pick my own channels , repeats , lack of empathy towards customers etc etc