sharetrader
Page 412 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3123624024084094104114124134144154164224625129121412 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    I don't understand people's obsession with Netflix, 95% of the shows are B grade low budget shows that's done by small companies. Sifting through the catalog for "good shows" is a huge waste of time. When I grab a bowl of snacks and just want to zone out on a lazy Sunday afternoon, the last thing I want is to spend 30mins going through their vast catalog of trash to find a gem.

"But it has Stranger things!"

I've watched it already dude, how many times can you watch the same show over and over again :/

To call someone who prefers to have content curated for you a "tard, ok boomer" puzzles me. (referring to the reddit link posted earlier)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Neon and Netlfix are both garbage. I pirate all my stuff.

I have Sky TV. Why? Because I like watching garbage when I get home from work. I like the freedom of mindlessly scrolling through channels. You can't do this with streaming, it sucks, it's too laggy and buggy. I like to flick between the channels and imagine what other people are watching. "O look, Big Brother is on, I wonder who else in NZ is watching this, what a crap show, O Look, what's this random show, [watch for 5mins], just lol [switch again], let me quickly switch to the business channel [watch for 2mins] flick again, who's this interesting person on tv [don't even watch the show just watch the person] flick again etc etc etc ."

I like to absorbed into culture.
    Streaming generally works well with nonlaggy and buggy even when I had old vdsl. If your on fibre look at getting a purpose built router. The Internet provider routers don't handle the mbs needed to get good streams. Hence why spark had so many issues with the world Cup

On a different note. Sky's looking good for a another slight gain

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Streaming generally works well with nonlaggy and buggy even when I had old vdsl. If your on fibre look at getting a purpose built router. The Internet provider routers don't handle the mbs needed to get good streams. Hence why spark had so many issues with the world Cup
    It doesn't matter what you get. There are bottlenecks everywhere. I know as I've been streaming/pirating sh*t for 20 years. What ever you do something changes and the system goes down again, it's like 'wack a mole'. Satellite is the only pure way to watch.

Like I said before, I have two "media modes". Coming home from work and watching Satellite and the other is streaming/pirating stuff late at night.

Are there any Directors who's terms are up for renewal that we should be voting off at the AGM?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Are there any Directors who's terms are up for renewal that we should be voting off at the AGM?
    Handley of course....Takeover is coming anyway.

Don’t get me started on the useless self-serving snake Handley. He is a bad smell in any organisation he weasels his way into.

Sounds good. Is he useless / lazy or has he got some other issues?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    I’m on VDSL. No fibre out our way. Have the standard Haewae supplied router. Speed is pretty good, not complaining.
    But would a better router help my internet speed ? Or is the supplied one just fine ? Apologies...bit off topic.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don’t get me started on the useless self-serving snake Handley. He is a bad smell in any organisation he weasels his way into.
    I relish the challenges of the clash of the internet versus 'cable television' and what the new world is going to look like. I'm motivated by the potential to influence our country's mindset through performance, sport, inspiration and storytelling. That's why I joined this Board - it's been anything but easy...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/derekhandley

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's consensus on Handley then.