sharetrader
Page 420 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    lol sure, welcome to the millionaires club.

OMC Baby!

when the takeover comes in at a $1.00 ill be shouting you and the other millionaire musketeers a brew....

The three of us combined; me, you, and Mista own 0.25% of the company.

A stake worth $5m just a few years ago
    Well I agree with yourself Ogg and MistaTea,

If we need a few extra to get a board seat I could pick up another mil or 2 if that would give us the ability get a seat on the board as both your arguments are good.

I don’t need the money out from the stock I’m just frustrated watching the sentiment and I’m happy to do stuff but it has to be for the right reasons.

I don’t know how it works with board seats and shareholding. But if there’s a way to do it you have my support.

D

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    Well I agree with yourself Ogg and MistaTea,

If we need a few extra to get a board seat I could pick up another mil or 2 if that would give us the ability get a seat on the board as both your arguments are good.

I don’t need the money out from the stock I’m just frustrated watching the sentiment and I’m happy to do stuff but it has to be for the right reasons.

I don’t know how it works with board seats and shareholding. But if there’s a way to do it you have my support.

D
    Nominate Mista. He knows the company better than anyone and is in it for the long term.

Far more qualified than Handley

I think a pug is more qualified than Handley.

I think a pug is more qualified than Handley.
    I take that back pugs have value.

I personally have 7 figures in Sky, if they have nothing decent to say at their EOY meeting i'm out; more opportunities else where. I'll lose a lil bit as im @14.9 on 1.2m shares but i'll chalk this up as a learning, there is a hell of lot going for this company & could be fantastic its undervalued IMO; but everything seems against them including market sentiment. So we shall see bring on Sept 10th.
    When using the phrase “seven figures” most people are referring to money, not numbers of shares. Seven figures in Tesla, for exampe, is quite different to seven figures in Sky otherwise.

Guru

Nominate Mista. He knows the company better than anyone and is in it for the long term.

Far more qualified than Handley
    LOL.

I remember meeting Blair Woodbury in his office. I ended up drawing a diagram on his whiteboard to explain a concept around value creation/perception and why Sky finds itself in the situation it does today (a Kiwi brand disliked by many Kiwis).

He may have just wanted to get rid of me by that point and humoured me with the old “I’ve just learnt something new today” - but it did actually seem to grab his attention.

So if I get on the Board the first thing I am doing is drawing that stuffing diagram for them!!!

Advanced Member

Stop SKYting,
    You may finish up drawing the short straw...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The downtrend is so entrenched it will really take something miraculous to change the trend ....and there seems little on the horizon

Once a market pariah always a market pariah
    Apple was unloved for a long time. Look at it now. There are so many other examples of companies / stocks that have turned around. So not sure your thesis is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    LOL.

I remember meeting Blair Woodbury in his office. I ended up drawing a diagram on his whiteboard to explain a concept around value creation/perception and why Sky finds itself in the situation it does today (a Kiwi brand disliked by many Kiwis).

He may have just wanted to get rid of me by that point and humoured me with the old “I’ve just learnt something new today” - but it did actually seem to grab his attention.

So if I get on the Board the first thing I am doing is drawing that stuffing diagram for them!!!
    Last time I had a beer with Blair he said a dude had tried to explain something on his whiteboard -- saved it he did -- showed me this and asked if I understood it
    Last edited by winner69; 22-08-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”