sharetrader
Page 425 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525925 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 14174

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    https://nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar...ectid=12358405

Decent article ok SKY’s intrusion into School Sport.
    Oh whinge whinge whinge moan moan moan...These schools would be crying out for coverage if they didn't get any, now that they gt coverage they come up with some bulll**** excuse of intrusion.

"NEXT WEEK: Part II - How Sky Next widens the gap between rich and poor"

Is this series of articles paid for by Spark? Jeff latch and his henchmen. Spark are probably worse culprits of inequality than Sky.

Do the schools get paid for allowing Sky coverage?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Do the schools get paid for allowing Sky coverage?

Mista, clear your PM's, your inbox is full!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Mista, clear your PM's, your inbox is full!
    Thanks Ogg, the best part of your reply is that when video clip finished it took me to another clip of Pavarotti. Did you know that your name with one G ....Og...is the Gaelic for young. So Angus Og is young Angus. I think that we are both having a quiet winter afternoon.

Yeah pretty **** article. Sky has been broadcasting school rugby for years with no issues. Whys it a issue now.... Yes they are getting into other sports but I think it shows that there hasn't been a issue so what are the people complaining trying to create.

So Ogg being in the SKT millionaires club, if dividends are reintroduced and are paid at say 2 cents per share, will your gross dividend be $20,000 (i.e. 1,000,000 x 0.02) for which tax is deducted? Or am I missing something?
    I'm a newby to investing so wondered how the dividend payment was calculated for shareholders.
    Btw thanks for helping keep this thread informative and entertaining!

Advanced Member

Apple/CBS, Verizon/Disney chip away at old TV bundle

https://seekingalpha.com/news/360800...-old-tv-bundle

Some might be interested in this.

Advanced Member

I've been doing some more in depth analysis of the Infratil shareholder meeting last Thursday. I've gone over the video/audio multiple times to try and break down exactly what Marko was saying when answering questions about Vodafone.

https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/uckjzp66

There are two key moments:

Moment 1: Time stamp @ 50:30 - 52:14

Moment 2: Time stamp @ 54:10 - 55:03

In the first "moment", which I've posted about before, Marko is basically being asked about the direction of Vodafone, in particular their overall core strategy. The question is rather vague but it is essentially asking if Vodafone will become an innovative telecommunications company like Spark, or just be a low cost mobile platform provider.

Marko response to this question is also rather vague. He confirms that Vodafone is following a similar strategy to Spark but that the way in which they achieve this strategy may be different. He uses the keyword "re-platforming" to suggest how Vodafone can achieve this goal and differentiate themselves from Spark. However, the way in which he defines "re-platforming" is vague, as he just uses generic statements like "investing in infrastructure" and "simpler operations". The only information a listener can deduce from this is:

A) Vodafone will be more like Spark
    B) Vodafone is "re-platforming" to be more like Spark

The second "moment" is actually more interesting, as the question is more direct and less vague. It simply asks if there will be more job losses at Vodafone.
    In answering this question Marko doesn't use the phrase "re platforming" as he did before, but he changes the phrase slightly to "re positioning". I believe there is a difference between these two phrases as the first suggest that it's about physical changes, i.e. things like "infrastructure" and "operations", these also match the things he said in the "first moment". The second phrase suggest it's more about intangible things, like the overall business goals or objectives.

Marko then goes on to say that this "re positioning" will create a "different shape business" and that this may result in job distribution. However, it's important to note that he does say that he knows of no such plans "today" that will result in further job losses.

If you combined the "first moment" and the "second moment" together what you can conclude is that there is significant change happening at Vodafone. The question is, does this change involve Sky in any way. Perhaps there's no direct way to know for sure but what you can ask is, if Vodafone is following Spark, then who is Spark following? And, why do these companies want to change?

I believe that these "strategies" that Spark and Vodafone are following, are simply strategies that other global telecommunications companies have been following. That is that to say that telecommunications companies are becoming more like information technologies companies. This follows on from the key theme of the first moment, which is that Vodafone must be innovative to be successful - it can't simply just be a low cost mobile provider. One way Vodafone can achieve this (i.e. not being just a mobile provider) is to do takeovers or mergers, which is what other global telecommunications companies have been doing recently. This is why I believe that Vodafone's strategy does involve Sky, as it helps them achieve their overall goal of being an innovative data company and following the path of Spark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

In the first "moment", which I've posted about before, Marko is basically being asked about the direction of Vodafone, in particular their overall core strategy. The question is rather vague but it is essentially asking if Vodafone will become an innovative telecommunications company like Spark, or just be a low cost mobile platform provider.

Marko response to this question is also rather vague. He confirms that Vodafone is following a similar strategy to Spark but that the way in which they achieve this strategy may be different. He uses the keyword "re-platforming" to suggest how Vodafone can achieve this goal and differentiate themselves from Spark. However, the way in which he defines "re-platforming" is vague, as he just uses generic statements like "investing in infrastructure" and "simpler operations". The only information a listener can deduce from this is:

A) Vodafone will be more like Spark
    B) Vodafone is "re-platforming" to be more like Spark
    What about just afterwards when he said "At the margin you've got thing like media, content strategies, sports... I think we are attacking at a different direction to Spark."

I really hope you're right but surely you can see a scenario where Infratil just isn't interested in buying Sky? Just like seemingly everyone else?