sharetrader
Page 429 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    So far as Sky investment goes, I think it is best that you and Getty make a plan to get together soon so that you can both really...nut it out.
    I hope you dont mean we should get a room?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What’s a happy ending?

Takeover?
    You could consider it a takeover, you finish up in better hands.
    TJ got off to a rough start tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    If you read this submission from InternetNZ the issue was really about "must have" content.

https://comcom.govt.nz/__data/assets...tober-2016.pdf

In other words, zero rating traffic is fine, but when it comes to zero rating "must have" content then there's an issue.

The question really is, is NZ Cricket classified as "must have" content?

Another question, is NZ Rugby classified as "must have" content?

If everybody has "must have" content, then by definition isn't this a "perfect market", which is what the ComCom is designed to insure?
    In practice it's easier to simply ban zero rating of traffic for the on-net services. Trying to accurately define "must have content" would be impossible. The only winners would be the lawyers making the arguments.

But as, mentioned, it's all a moot point in an unlimited data cap environment.

Problem solved I guess!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Although, even at Sky's current SP (and I don't see IFT overpaying), and assuming everyone thought it was a good move and good use of their cash, where would they get the cash from to execute? They don't have enough cash laying around from their CR to do it. They'd be pretty brave to go into debt during a pandemic. There's no indication of a share swap. How else could they do this? I'm genuinely asking.
    You need to lurk more.

Infratil are cashed up. They've just done a $300m placement and have received $260m from Tilt Renewables. They have about $600m in liquidity for growth opportunities.

Brooksfield are a large Canadian Hedge fund. They've just sold Healthscope this month to NZ Super for $500m.

https://www.minterellison.co.nz/our-...s-pension-plan

There's $$CASH$$ everywhere!

Funny how Brooksfiled have used Minter Ellison again. Same crowd who have done Mediaworks, Vodafone, and Lightbox recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    You need to lurk more.

Infratil are cashed up. They've just done a $300m placement and have received $260m from Tilt Renewables. They have about $600m in liquidity for growth opportunities.

Brooksfield are a large Canadian Hedge fund. They've just sold Healthscope this month to NZ Super for $500m.

https://www.minterellison.co.nz/our-...s-pension-plan

There's $$CASH$$ everywhere!

Funny how Brooksfiled have used Minter Ellison again. Same crowd who have done Mediaworks, Vodafone, and Lightbox recently.
    That's good news about IFT cash reserves. Lets hope Wellington Airport doesn't chew up all of that CR cash so they can make a decent offer on Sky. Brookfield could certainly find some money down the back of the couch to go halvesies with IFT.
    Last edited by tqtq; 24-08-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Brookfield could certainly find some money down the back of the couch to go halvesies with IFT.
    That's the plan.

The back up plan is a deal with Discovery if Brooksfield dick them around with Mediaworks.

If that all goes to custard then it's off to Comcast to try and merge with Sky UK and run the whole thing from overseas.

If by then, it's still in the dumps, it's off to Aussie to try and scrape together a last minute merger with one of the larger media companies over there.

Absolute bottom of the barrel is a buy back scheme. Forget dividends, who wants to pay tax.

If the stock still wont move then we'll pull the plug and get a Faafoi funded bail out.

Advanced Member

this is hilarious!!
    I thought I was pretty resourceful, but I could learn a bit off you blokes.
    As for a F F FF, I mean a Faafoi funded bailout, well yes, whats good for the Sky is good for the planet!

Advanced Member

where's an OSB when you need one?
    Someone should be filming this circus!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    this is hilarious!!
    I thought I was pretty resourceful, but I could learn a bit off you blokes.
    As for a F F FF, I mean a Faafoi funded bailout, well yes, whats good for the Sky is good for the planet!
    To help improve his story, it sure sounds like you would absolutely love to lend him a hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    where's an OSB when you need one?
    Someone should be filming this circus!
    Just give our buddies at NEP a call, they'll sort you out