sharetrader
Page 441 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebusinessman View Post
    I had a little topup today with what is probably the last of my investment money for a while. Agree that things here are undervalued, by how much is hard to tell but I'm seeing >20c as obvious and perhaps the ~30c price targets from a few institutions as realistic in the short term. Of course, no one *really* knows... Also hold OCA so have my pick of the beaten stocks with high hopes!
    Member since 2007. Only 8 posts...

Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Member since 2007. Only 8 posts...

Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket!
    Haha, I'm going to leap to my own defense, I think my previous postcount from all those years ago was nuked somehow, but it still wasn't high. You can clearly see I'm some A-grade lurker.

I'm here to preach the sky-high possibility of certain stocks...

Advanced Member

I think you mean to say you were SKYving.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12361182

Interesting read, though not surprising.

With YouTube's popularity, our Sky Sport NEXT initiative seems like a good way to test the waters and see if Sky content can benefit from that platform's popularity.

On Demand streaming is the key (as we all know) - so the more Sky can move in this direction the better.

This could potentially be done by adding 'upgrades' to NEON where you can add additional content (Living Channel, food Network, UKTV etc...).

It will also be partially solved when SkyGO is released as a standalone. People can still do linear, but it has a very good On Demand section.

Martin has taken a lot of heat with the moves he has made...and it certainly has put a lot of pressure on the SP...but I really do think he is on the right track with the investments he is making, and the path he has set for the business.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 01-09-2020 at 02:08 PM.

I cancelled all of my paid subscription services except YouTube Premium at $16/month and Spotify premium $15/month

I record some of the free to air to watch later and watch a little live TV and TVNZ on demand but that's about it. The rest of my television watching is YouTube funny UK shows, finance shows, documentaries, and things related to my hobbies. No ads and I can stream on my smart TV. Love love love YouTube

YouTube are now offering channels the opportunity to charge subscriptions for exclusive content, plus the usual pay per view to rent videos and exclusive series.

I wonder if any smaller TV companies or production houses will choose to stream through YouTube and charge a sub. It takes away a lot of hassle.
    I know some of the financial advice channels offer membership subs. Maybe some of the television stations and independent movie makers will do the same?

Just a thought... SKT has a lot of competition these days. I am not a big sports watcher but maybe that will also be offered on YouTube. Imagine if YouTube won the rights to the next soccer world cup or olympics (assuming that the world returns to normal and screens these things). Could be a game changer...

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I cancelled all of my paid subscription services except YouTube Premium at $16/month and Spotify premium $15/month
    Youtube premium includes Youtube Music (which replaces Google Play Music) so you can ditch Spotify as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Youtube premium includes Youtube Music (which replaces Google Play Music) so you can ditch Spotify as well.
    Well I didn't know about this until recently, but YouTube has offered YouTube TV in the USA for a couple of years.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Well I didn't know about this until recently, but YouTube has offered YouTube TV in the USA for a couple of years.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/
    Yep! And they also have exclusive content they commission.

Check out YouTube Originals.
    This is an example
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cf6V7p2RNAneKc

I watched and enjoyed it.

I know. I’ve been meaning to transfer all my playlists to YouTube music but I have several hundred songs in some playlists and I have shared playlists with friends that don’t have YouTube premium so it went in the too hard basket

Edited: I discovered there are apps that do this already! I will be converting this month
    Last edited by tango; 01-09-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Guru

Further highlights the need for a good aggregator in the new streaming world.

Will SKT be the aggregator for NZ?

Or will a popular platform like YOUTUBE end up taking over the world as the aggregator? Would cost a lot of money to gain all those rights in all those jurisdictions and the price sure as hell wont be $16/month. But it is one possibility.

My money is (literally) on Sky successfully completing the transformation and maintaining their status as the main aggregator in NZ.