sharetrader
Page 47 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157971475471047 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    ........ but SKT shareprice up today!

This damn share keeps looking like its going to nudge my stop loss. But then rallies. Might have to adjust the SL so i can quit it. But thats letting my emotion get in the way so it looks like it is with me a while yet.

I've just made the move to 2 degrees for my UFB. Cheaper than Spark and comes with Neon for six months, which has more stuff that I want to watch than Spark's Lightbox.

Hmm, for an "old dinosaur" as Sky has been referred to time and time again in this thread, it seems to have a few tricks.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Hot on the heels of their $5 Friday Fanpass crapping out last week, paid the money but no service available. Got the mea culpa email couple of days later. 👎🏻😩🔫

Just rejoined Fatso (owned by Sky) and ordered the first season of True Detective on Blu ray. I love using the products of companies I'm invested in. Just as well I don't own Sky City.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 02-06-2016 at 11:03 AM.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opin...-false-promise

A possible Vodafone and Sky merger? The plot thickens.

Cable companies in the US are still making money hand over fist (despite absolute, categorical, no brainer predictions that they wouldn't exist by now because, you know, every one knows precisely the way industry and markets will go) because in part they also deliver internet.

On the one hand I want capital back because I need to build a retaining wall up the back. On the other hand I hope they'll be able to pull off something good so I can build my retaining wall and also paint my house and schedule another big trip to Thailand in the future. Hard call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Hmm, for an "old dinosaur" as Sky has been referred to time and time again in this thread, it seems to have a few tricks.
    The problem is not Sky being old, it is the investment required just to maintain market share when so much competition arrives. Doesn't make for particularly compelling fundamentals when Sky has to invest more on technology, programming and customer experience and still be losing revenue share to competition.

There is also one "old" behaviour that isn't particularly appealing; their monopoly position permitted sub-standard attitudes towards customer experience. This is again rich ground for interlopers to gain share at Sky's expense. Culture makes for a tough turnaround proposition.

Check out Youtube's new pay channel Youtube Red.

Be a real shame for Sky if Google invested its cash in content and told its geeks to build a viewing client that actually works.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Oh yeah lots of uncertainty that's for sure. Google already wants to take on the cable companies. Sky is 3.63% of my portfolio. Everything in moderation
    Last edited by Bobdn; 04-06-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: corrected % of portfolio figure

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Oh yeah lots of uncertainty that's for sure. Google already wants to take on the cable companies. Sky is 3.63% of my portfolio. Everything in moderation
    I think one aspect of Google's future will involve fighting antitrust suits on multiple fronts.

Whats up? Trading halt
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”