sharetrader
Page 481 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    Same goes for you Mista you know this stock tell us all what your points are.
    I wouldn’t be adding any new thoughts. Still happy to hold long term.

Am very much looking forward to the results tomorrow - but from the perspective of wanting to understand the progress management have made for my business. What ‘price action’ we might see is of less concern - not zero concern to me, but not my priority right now.

The only thing that has changed in my thinking is that I do believe Sky will be on the Discovery radar now. I can’t see them just taking TV3.

My preference remains for no takeover to happen - I think Sky will be worth much more to the long term shareholder as a listed company compared to what we would realistically get for the business now.

But my preference is irrelevant, and it would surprise me a lot if Discovery were not interested. It is also probably better for the business to be taken private too - given the rapid change in the industry, being listed right now has a lot of drawbacks for management who need to be focussed on making the tough calls to assist the transition.

Just my personal opinion, I have no insider knowledge - please God, nobody report me to the FMA!!!
    Last edited by mistaTea; 09-09-2020 at 06:45 PM.

It's been a wild journey. Tomorrow will decide the fate of this thread. Will it be back to the backpages of Sharetrader or euphoria and hype beyond belief? I am working late into the night in case the latter gets the better of me tomorrow.

DJ New Zealand Shares Lose 1.3%; Sky TV Surges Ahead of Result
    0547 GMT - New Zealand's NZX-50 dropped 1.3% to end at a three-week low of 11739.11, after the Nasdaq's 10% decline over three sessions filtered through to negative sentiment in regional equity markets. Losses were across the board and led by energy utilities, a2 Milk and retirement-village operator Ryman Healthcare. Downside could be short-lived, as some wholesale New Zealand interest rates turned negative for the first time, highlighting the higher returns available in stocks. Satellite-TV operator Sky Network Television jumped 3.1% and has gained about 20% over four sessions ahead of full-year results Thursday that might provide a verdict on whether its turnaround plans are working.(stephen.wright@wsj.com)
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires

https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...m-holiday.html

"Sky Network Television continued to rally, gaining 3.1 percent to 16.6 cents. The pay-TV company is up 20 percent this week ahead of its earnings result tomorrow.“Macquarie upgraded Sky TV two days ago, put a buy on it—which is probably the first buy on it in quite some time—that’s been the main driver of the rally,” Gordon said.
    Sky’s low share price has attracted a lot of attention from retail investors who are often drawn to cheaper stocks. A number of NZX Facebook investor pages show lots of retail investors speculating the company's shares will surge tomorrow without any specific rational.
    “With a lot of day traders in the market now, you do get these accentuated moves,” Gordon said. “Hopefully, it hasn’t run too hard into the result.

Where does one find the link for Sky's ASM? would love to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Where does one find the link for Sky's ASM? would love to watch.
    Not the ASM but results announcement

Webcast details

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...127/329947.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not the ASM but results announcement

Webcast details

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...127/329947.pdf
    that’s great thank you very much, Winner

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yeah Ogg, stop giving me a stiffy and then not following through!

Come on, just the tip is fine...
    lol. I literally can't at the moment. I'm in a new house with no desktop. Some of my longer posts can take a few hours and doing this on a tablet is hard enough.

We can rule out a takeover by Infrtail tomorrow as they haven't created a takeover entity on the NZ Companies website. It's possible Discovery could put in an offer but it does seem weird that they buy Mediaworks on Monday then wait until Thursday to buy Sky. But then again maybe that does make sense, ie do it all in the same week and then submit the same application to the ComCom the following week. If Discovery does make a move and Infratil doesn't make a competing bid then I'll be pissed as I know Brooksfield would have done an inside deal with Discovery (as Brooksfield are the owners of mediaworks, not Oaktree as falsely reported everywhere).

Over the coming days I've kinda shifted my thought that maybe a takeover now isn't the best outcome for shareholders. The stock has only just started to turn the corner and now is in the spotlight again with investors. A takeover here, even at 35c could be seriously undervaluing Sky over the medium term. Sky's streaming business does seem to be gaining traction and satellite churn has stabilized. The kicker really is the clean balance sheet, thus allowing for the resumption of dividends. It seems like nothing but blue sky from here on in.

Having siad all that. I do have a large position and at times have questions my own investment philosophy. The temptation to sell and lock in profits is high. If the stock does jump to 30c it's gonna put me in a difficult situation. I have a tendency to sell too early. Mostly because I usually hold specy stocks. But Sky is different, it's a value stock that has proven itself over time to deliver on dividends, obliviously, not over the last 2 years tho, but that is what the turn around story is all about.

I won't be selling tomorrow. Unless I see an obvious Sharesies pump above 40c - which just won't happen. I'm thinking that the stock will probably only hit 20c before we start to see heavy selling from legacy investors trying to get out. What this stock really needs is more broker recommendation and more institutional buying from overseas. This will take time.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Remember it's only money. Win or lose life goes on.
    Last edited by Ogg; 09-09-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    lol. I literally can't at the moment. I'm in a new house with no desktop. Some of my longer posts can take a few hours and doing this on a tablet is hard enough.

We can rule out a takeover by Infrtail tomorrow as they haven't created a takeover entity on the NZ Companies website. It's possible Discovery could put in an offer but it does seem weird that they buy Mediaworks on Monday then wait until Thursday to buy Sky. But then again maybe that does make sense, ie do it all in the same week and then submit the same application to the ComCom the following week. If Discovery does make a move and Infratil doesn't make a competing bid then I'll be pissed as I know Brooksfield would have done an inside deal with Discovery (as Brooksfield are the owners of mediaworks, not Oaktree as falsely reported everywhere).

Over the coming days I've kinda shifted my thought that maybe a takeover now isn't the best outcome for shareholders. The stock has only just started to turn the corner and now is in the spotlight again with investors. A takeover here, even at 35c could be seriously undervaluing Sky over the medium term. Sky's streaming business does seem to be gaining traction and satellite churn has stabilized. The kicker really is the clean balance sheet, thus allowing for the resumption of dividends. It seems like nothing but blue sky from here on in.

Having siad all that. I do have a large position and at times have questions my own investment philosophy. The temptation to sell and lock in profits is high. If the stock does jump to 30c it's gonna put me in a difficult situation. I have a tendency to sell too early. Mostly because I usually hold specy stocks. But Sky is different, it's a value stock that has proven itself over time to delivery on dividends, obliviously, not over the last 5 years tho, but that is what the turn around story is all about.

I won't be selling tomorrow. Unless I see an obvious Sharesies pump above 40c - which just won't happen. I'm thinking that the stock will probably only hit 20c before we start to see heavy selling from legacy investors trying to get out. What this stock really needs is more broker recommendation and more institutional buying from overseas. This will take time.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Remember it's only money. Win or lose life goes on.
    You’re a good man Ogg; wait and watch stock holders for those upgrades. If the presentation is well received they will come not tomorrow but in the weeks to come.

Don’t miss out in money you already have.

This stock is majority held by institutional organisations once upgrades come in this stock (pending the result tomorrow) will bound up don’t miss out on the gains.

Everyone do research and enjoy the ride come a blue sky result all to be unveiled tomorrow.

Nicely said misterTea, Ogg & Dompf, QE and all others. I’m sure I speak for many on this thread when I say we enjoy your thoughts and input. Hope you keep posting after tomorrow.
    Last edited by tqtq; 09-09-2020 at 09:44 PM.