sharetrader
Page 485 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585985 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 14177

Key Points:

"Satellite customer numbers stabilising and achievedgrowth in the final month of FY20."
    "Faster return of sport delivering revenue performance strongerthan planned in Q4 FY20 and in the FY21 Scenario"
    "Streaming revenue has essentially doubled over the past twoyears with a compound average growth rate of 40% since FY18."
    "Currently no net debt and secure funding in place"

Good FCF and resumption of dividend in FY22. Bet outlook expectations.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    They must think the market has got the share price right if they adjust goodwill based on that.
    That is untrue.

Investor

Indication of resumption of dividends in FY22 possibly will get market excited imo.

Sky said it slowed the decline in its satellite subscriber base to 5.5 per cent, after a 6.4 per cent decline in customer numbers the previous year, and achieved “net growth” in June.
    The company has also upgraded its guidance for its new financial year, and is now forecasting a profit of between $10m and $20m, up from its previous forecast of $5m to $15m.
    Its revenue guidance for the year to next June has also been upped to $660m to $700m, from its previous forecast of $610m to $640m.
    The goodwill impairment is grim, but inevitable - not really a surprise. But otherwise, I'm happy with the result. Looks positive; slowing the satellite churn, to a net positive, is what I wanted to see alongside the increased streaming customers.

Will be interesting to see how the market responds. I was hoping for the sharesies army would get amongst as it cause some big volatility (fun to watch) but a lot of people got stung by CBD so have taken a much more conservative approach to Sky.

Advanced Member

I think a medium, possibly mega trend in favour of SKY, is that Covid risks will be around for a long time yet, so level 2 and higher crowd restrictions, will mean that crowdless events such as North/south game, Supercars etc, will become the new norm, so if you want to enjoy Sports, Sky will be the place.

The roll up crowds to live events, or to bars with restrictions, will migrate to Sky.

Talking around, there still are quite a few who currently dont subscibe to Sky Sports, (yet), because they relied on bars or going to local games as their outlet.

FY21 NPAT range of 10-20m. At current shareprice that's a forward PE of 15-30.

A big range and given Sky is a serial underperformer you'd have to err on the side of caution and say this is on a FORWARD PE of 30. Not exactly a screaming buy?
    Last edited by JohnnyTheHorse; 10-09-2020 at 09:40 AM.

A lot of interest in Sky TV today.

There are currently 265 users browsing this thread. (88 members and 177 guests

Quote Originally Posted by gains View Post
    The goodwill impairment is grim, but inevitable - not really a surprise. But otherwise, I'm happy with the result. Looks positive; slowing the satellite churn, to a net positive, is what I wanted to see alongside the increased streaming customers.

Will be interesting to see how the market responds. I was hoping for the sharesies army would get amongst as it cause some big volatility (fun to watch) but a lot of people got stung by CBD so have taken a much more conservative approach to Sky.
    The results are good, also the guidance for 2021 has improved significantly. Impairment of goodwill makes it look worse than what it really is.

Sub numbers look good as well. This report is not bad at all. I expect market to react positively given better guidance on 2021.

Does someone have a link for the meeting please?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
    Multiple posts on the social sites of the Stuff article headline already, assuming the headline is enough financial analysis for the sharesies horde might not go the way they all wanted....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/122...-big-writedown
    The photoof the smiling CEO in tht article enough to send one running to the hills

OK - shouldn't get personal
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”