sharetrader
Page 492 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by theflat2 View Post
    It was fascinating to watch, I must have refreshed the depth page too many times as Direct Brooking blocked my IP address due to 'Excessive Web Requests'! I have never had that happen before.
    Ah, so now we know who was crashing the NZX!!

What are our thoughts on a takeover now?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theflat2 View Post
    It was fascinating to watch, I must have refreshed the depth page too many times as Direct Brooking blocked my IP address due to 'Excessive Web Requests'! I have never had that happen before.
    Everytime you click on refresh it costs them a few cents. So no wonder they decided to block your IP address.

Well in the past it cost a few cents. Not sure what it costs now. But a few cents but a lot of clicks can add up to a sizeable sum pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Real market will emerge when ASX opens.

Wait for it.
    Which way will the the 'real market' react when the ASX opens in your opinion, similar to NZX a roller coaster or do you belive the ASX investors will view the news as positive and trade accordingly?
    Last edited by Chuckles; 10-09-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Advanced Member

Me this morning

Just a reminder

DJ Sky TV Sees Return to Profit on Streaming, Live Sports --Update

10 Sep 2020 07:26:07

WELLINGTON, New Zealand--Sky Network Television Ltd. expects to return to profit in its current financial year after gaining more streaming customers and slowing the decline in legacy satellite TV subscribers.

The New Zealand company, which has struggled because of competition from streaming giants such as Netflix, on Thursday reported a full-year loss of 156.8 million New Zealand dollars ($103.8 million) due to an impairment charge.

It forecast a profit of NZ$10 million to NZ$20 million in its current financial year ending June 2021. That's an increase from its guidance in May due to a faster-than-expected return of live sports broadcasting after pandemic restrictions were eased in New Zealand.

The company said streaming customers had grown by more than 150% to 404,000 as of June due to its acquisition of the Lightbox and RugbyPass services.

The decline in satellite subscriber revenue slowed to 7.6% from 9.3% in the previous financial year, Sky said. It plans to launch a broadband internet service in 2021.

The company said it won't pay a dividend in the current financial year and will reevaluate its position on dividends in the following year.

Write to Stephen Wright at stephen.wright@wsj.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    Last edited by tqtq; 10-09-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Advanced Member

Time to initiate plan B...

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Just a reminder

DJ Sky TV Sees Return to Profit on Streaming, Live Sports --Update

10 Sep 2020 07:26:07

WELLINGTON, New Zealand--Sky Network Television Ltd. expects to return to profit in its current financial year after gaining more streaming customers and slowing the decline in legacy satellite TV subscribers.

The New Zealand company, which has struggled because of competition from streaming giants such as Netflix, on Thursday reported a full-year loss of 156.8 million New Zealand dollars ($103.8 million) due to an impairment charge.

It forecast a profit of NZ$10 million to NZ$20 million in its current financial year ending June 2021. That's an increase from its guidance in May due to a faster-than-expected return of live sports broadcasting after pandemic restrictions were eased in New Zealand.

The company said streaming customers had grown by more than 150% to 404,000 as of June due to its acquisition of the Lightbox and RugbyPass services.

The decline in satellite subscriber revenue slowed to 7.6% from 9.3% in the previous financial year, Sky said. It plans to launch a broadband internet service in 2021.

The company said it won't pay a dividend in the current financial year and will reevaluate its position on dividends in the following year.

Write to Stephen Wright at stephen.wright@wsj.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    If the media posted these headlines the share price would have gone the other way...

I actually don't see the problem. Everything within guidence. In fact things have improved more so it actually looks very positive. I would have thought most would be happy.

Sky's on track for a few upgrades today / tomorrow. Just got to wait for them to come through. With a more positive story investor sentiment will change.