sharetrader
Page 501 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 14173

I believe it was a sharesies scare out, they didn't want another blackwell or canna so spooked and ran causing it to drop after a few bigger players took profits early

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    I believe it was a sharesies scare out, they didn't want another blackwell or canna so spooked and ran causing it to drop after a few bigger players took profits early
    I dont think it was Sharsies that caused this today.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    So according to Mr Market, Sky Network Television is only worth three times as much as NZME.

Riiiiight. Considering Sky still produced a FCF of $82M....that has got to be at least 20 times more than anything NZME could muster.
    And did you see the canadian crowd accumulating NZME..... similar will happen here

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    I dont think it was Sharsies that caused this today.
    I agree it wasn't all sharsies but they would of had some effect on the drop causing more confusion than normal

Guru

I agree it wasn't all sharsies but they would of had some effect on the drop causing more confusion than normal
    Without doubt. The vwap was 15.76. A lot of the late selling was multiple offers chasing the price down at once. When 10 offers move as 1 chasing the price down the volatility sparks!

Fair call.

very interesting to see what happens next year things could turn around for this share if the right moves are made, Broadband is exciting! heck even i would think about getting Sky if the Multi package was attractive enough not to mention i could see it as a great tool for retention!

Landscape around streaming is such a fast changing sector and there are some BIG players at the moment would not buy in to risky for me hah!

From page 13 2020 annual report - customer quotes
    "I also love how we can purchase individual movies to watch as a family cheaper than going to the actual movies! Bonus!”

I was surprised people still used those payper view channels to book movies.

Rentals will be available on Neon as well. Nothing there yet but the feature is there already.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DDog View Post
    Rentals will be available on Neon as well. Nothing there yet but the feature is there already.
    You can rent on NEON if you use the website or on the Vodafone TV app.

Anything you rent from there will appear on your smartphone app.

I have an iPhone and an AppleTV 4K. I can’t browse and rent from the apps on those platforms yet - but if I rent the movie from the NEON website I can consume it from either of those apps.

Hopefully the iOS apps are upgraded soon so I can rent from there without having to go to the website.

Quote Originally Posted by DDog View Post
    Umm rentals are on neon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    "Cheap" does not mean less risky. Sky TV is at the pointy end of several megatrends - the very definition of a burning platform.

And is Sky TV even cheap? One reason people are happily paying insane prices for some things is low interest rates. If the buyer can be convinced of large cashflows far into the future, then they can justify almost any price, at least to themselves, in the present environment.

There is a good chance that the "best" days for Sky TV lie in the immediate future, and the further out you go, the more risk and uncertainty there is that they will have a viable business model. Therefore, it is much harder for one to use low interest rates as a mechanism to delude themselves, which is why the market isn't.

To some extent, what you're betting on is that the cashflows from the current business model can be deployed into finding the future. But, even on the most optimistic assumptions, how much cash can this business generate and what kind of future can a NZ content aggregator buy?

You have giant content creators like Disney and HBO seeking to control distribution. You have giant aggregators like Netflix, now creating content, with the megacap tech firms like Amazon, Google and Apple broadly in the same business. All of these have global scale and access to capital that Sky TV can only dream about.

Then at the bottom end, you have piracy. For those that are happy to pirate content, this is truly the best of times. Quality content being created for a sole platform by companies without a short term profit motive, but, once pirated, the content from EVERY platform is easily available at no charge. Great for pirates. Horrible for Sky TV.

I have not ruled out ever buying Sky TV - I actively monitor it as a potential investment, I'm not just in the thread to throw stones. But they are in an extremely tough spot due to the myriad of competitive pressures, and I don't see things getting much easier.

This is not a low risk investment.
    Thanks for sharing your view. I don't disagree with a lot of what you say. There are certain headwinds with content creators going OTT. However, my view is that there's still enough content out there to fill the bundles.

These are the plusses IMO: +Rugby rights, +RugbyPass +other sports +Olympics +Covid Vaccine + ~1million existing customers +data + ip advertising +Broadband +Sales Team +Sky as a marketing platform.

Sky's not the company that it was, it's transforming, so I'm happy to wait it out. To me, it's so undervalued & underrated (note: I didn't say cheap). A lot of people have legacy views. Sky is the aggregator for NZ. I don't think that will change.