sharetrader
Page 503 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 34034534934995005015025035045055065075135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by DDog View Post
    Rentals will be available on Neon as well. Nothing there yet but the feature is there already.
    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hope your wrong , i brought some late yesterday on the assumption some have said that yesterday was tree shaking and probably profit taking. and taking into account its a spec punt for me based on business
    I'm under the assumption it's bot trading mixed with sharesies. So the bits are creating mini panic. I'm seeing it with a few company's atpu d results time. Ikegps is a prime example. Result came out. I thought it was a great result. Price went down people panicked. Then announment of capital raise price has shot up to almost $1.00.
    Head scratching.
    Sky result was good. Price goes down. So now I'm thinking two weeks time a climb to 17cents 18 cents.

Haven't followed this until the last few days. Used to be too expensive and then too unpromising. Seems to have looked up but what I can't understand is that the words pump and dump don't seem to have cropped up anywhere in recent postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Haven't followed this until the last few days. Used to be too expensive and then too unpromising. Seems to have looked up but what I can't understand is that the words pump and dump don't seem to have cropped up anywhere in recent postings.
    Are you suggesting that some posters talking up the stock here have been selling out in the last 3 days?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    My my bull....

We are on the same page!
    i dont know the reasons why you brought the stock , but in my opinion the business is still terminal unless like a said earlier the covid lifeline the companies got can be used to save it.
    as some people have said 1 year sounds reasonable to make the most of the situation to go from terminal to turn around.
    one step ahead of the herd

Actually I see now entrep at 3:26 yesterday said pnd.
    No I have no knowledge of anyone's buying and selling.
    Last edited by Nor; 11-09-2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

some of you might be interested in this

Sky Network Television disappointed some investors, falling 10.8 percent to 14.8 cents—the day’s biggest loss. The company raised its earnings guidance due to a faster return of sports than it envisaged in May, but the share price had been run up more than 20 percent ahead of the result.
    “Just dropping back to where they were on Tuesday,” Sullivan said.
    There was heavy retail interest in the stock, but an analyst's report from Macquarie on Monday had attracted some institutional buying as well.

https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...h-wall-st.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Heard Mr Stewart on the radio yesterday saying Broadband is being trialed at present with around 150 staff and I think he said will trial with some customers very soon
    Last edited by Jay; 11-09-2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: for Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Actually I see now entrep at 3:26 yesterday said pnd.
    No I have no knowledge of anyone's buying and selling.
    You are allowed to post ‘pump & dump’. Not a problem. I suspect the Sharesies brigade had their tail feathers plucked yesterday.

I still have my shares bought at a good level and am happy to hold as imo there will be a corporate deal done - be it takeover or merger. This is where the industry is at. Matter of time.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-09-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Heard MS on the radio yesterday saying Broadband is being trialed at present with around 150 staff and I think he said will trial with some customers very soon
    Shouldn’t use MS ....better say heard Martin ...more friendly.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Morningstar (who i feel are more bullish about sky):

Sports Cost Relief Provides a Temporary Sugar Hit but Transition to New Sky Is Ongoing
    Investors should not extrapolate Sky's better-than-expected fiscal 2020 second-half normalised EBITDA of NZD 91 million. Beating management's projected AUD 53 to 73 million range for the June-half was driven by the NZD 19 million saved from coronavirus-induced sports rights and production cost hiatus in the fourth quarter. The overly pessimistic lens through which the guidance was given back in the lockdown days of May 2020 also played a role. Indeed, fiscal 2021 EBITDA guidance of NZD 125 to 140 million (from NZD 193 million in fiscal 2020) shows the higher costs associated with the recently renegotiated sports rights, and the ongoing burden of Sky's transformation journey to become a multiplatform subscription service provider.

To that end, further groundwork has been laid. Culturally, there no longer appears to be any paralysis over cannibalisation impact on the legacy pay TV unit from the streaming growth initiatives. The decision to pivot the current CFO Blair Woodbury's focus to a broader strategic role underscores Sky's effort to bring in fresh, platform-agnostic thinking.

Operationally, management's implied flat cost projection for fiscal 2021 shows progress on the expense front to offset the higher content costs. Financially, the balance sheet has been replenished by the recent NZD 150 million capital raising. There is NZD 111 million cash on hand to repay NZD 100 million (maturing March 2021), and NZD 200 million in undrawn debt facility (maturing July 2023) to execute the transformation program—a war chest we do not expect Sky to dip into in fiscal 2021 given our forecast free cash flow of NZD 50 million.

Investor trepidation about the execution of this transformation task, at a time of fierce competition for home entertainment eyeballs, is palpable. However, shares in no-moat-rated Sky are at a substantial discount to our unchanged NZD 0.30 fair value estimate (AUD 0.28 at the current exchange rate)—enough margin of safety to back the management.