sharetrader
Page 522 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 224224725125185195205215225235245255265325726221022 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ba9 View Post
    Interesting comparison Ogg. Goes to show how much energy you put into SKT

I believe satellite tv will be dead by 2040 or sooner. Elon is already building the Starlink network. And others will soon follow. This will eliminate the need for a physical connection for internet to household.

Similarly, electric or hydrogen which ever may be our future. Gasoline cars may go the cigarettes way. Get extremely expensive to run.
    You're basically saying that they are both crap. But which one will die first? And if they're both crap, how come Z Energy isn't trading as low as Sky?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Someone is very bored!

I thought you were going to 'take matters into your own hands' if no takeover happened when the results were announced? Or did that comment just refer to a pending 'duel with the pink Darth Vader'?
    The latest is that once Discovery get ComCom approval, they are going to call Martin to have a discussion about the future. So until then, we have to wait.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The latest is that once Discovery get ComCom approval, they are going to call Martin to have a discussion about the future. So until then, we have to wait.
    You are going to upset the FMA with comments like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    You're basically saying that they are both crap. But which one will die first? And if they're both crap, how come Z Energy isn't trading as low as Sky?
    I am only saying satellite TV will die. Not Streaming.

I would be guessing if i had to pick one. Electric cars seemed far, but Elon closed the gap and changed people's perception in a very short time.

C'mon Ogg. Currently, there is no rationale on how some stocks are valued in the market. CBD for example and a few more.

SKT has over 900K paying subscribers. For any company with that sort of subscriptions and to still trade around .15c is just ridiculous.

Other from streaming, Heck for any large multinational this is a huge customer base to do anything with.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You are going to upset the FMA with comments like that!
    Last edited by Ogg; 15-09-2020 at 02:24 PM.

I am only saying satellite TV will die. Not Streaming.
    Technically that is comparing apples and oranges. Satellite-based internet delivery is ramping up (e.g. SpaceX starlink) which can provide streaming... But I get your point.

Guru

If they broke down their satellite customers to show how many of the 585K are streaming with Vodafone TV it would give a much clearer idea as to how long ‘traditional satellite pay tv’ is likely to go on for.

I would think that within 10 years the subscriber numbers will have dropped below the point where it no longer makes economic sense to continue offering the service.

But that is a pure guess - I don’t really have any idea.

SKT has over 900K paying subscribers. For any company with that sort of subscriptions and to still trade around .15c is just ridiculous.
    Remember not to confuse share price with market cap

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Remember not to confuse share price with market cap
    Lol. I think you’re thinking of Stuff.

Looking forward to Aussie v England cricket Thursday night ....series decider
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”