sharetrader
Page 569 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 694695195595655665675685695705715725735796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 14173

I think Ogg has pretty much summed it up for us. It looks like this company is ripe for the picking. What more can I really add. I wish I had more to tell.

As to the future I would love it if this company could turn it self around and I think they are at that point that they will.

But given how low the SP Has gone I think it won’t be long before someone makes a move if not already in the works. I would honestly be quite surprised if we don’t have a takeover very soon Ie in the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think Ogg has pretty much summed it up for us. It looks like this company is ripe for the picking. What more can I add. I wish I had more to tell.

As to the future, I would love it if this company could turn itself around and I think they are at that point that they will.

But given how low the SP Has gone I think it won’t be long before someone makes a move if not already in the works. I would honestly be quite surprised if we don’t have a takeover very soon Ie in the next month or so.
    What makes you believe they are at a turning point though? Is it not more so what they plan to offer in the future that looks promising, it's not necessarily the here and now. I mean they haven't turned anything around yet, the SP is still slammed and it's way under fair valued, but why?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think Ogg has pretty much summed it up for us. It looks like this company is ripe for the picking. What more can I really add. I wish I had more to tell.

As to the future I would love it if this company could turn it self around and I think they are at that point that they will.

I agree Ogg has laid it out.

How about a parable instead?

Imagine theres a house that was once grand, built on a hill with great views. Overtime the house had not much spent on keeping it maintained and the owners were just happy with it in its current state.

The property next door had a new shiny house built on it and had similarly nice views. The first house owners tried to sell to this property and combine the 2 houses to make a grand villa. The consent to merge the 2 properties got denied by the local council as it would make it too hard for surrounding properties to have views as good. There was also an awesome viewing platform on the edge of the property.

One of the dissenting neighbours ended up finding a way to engineer a massive house that managed to achieve nice views, and then the viewing platform got sold to a 3rd party so all property owners were able to pay to use this platform.

Now the owners of the once grand house are faced with a choice, spend some overdue money on completly remodelling the house , and the end result could make it grand once more , or they are also free to sell to the first neighbours for less than before as the dissenting neighbours arguments no longer valid, plus there are alot of overseas investors who love the spot and are considering making an offer for the property , with the intention of bowling the house and redeveloping.

Either way, the property has value , that in its current state appears to be less than what it could be worth if ANY of the options come off.

There are risks with any move but the one thing that doesnt change is there is underlying value that exists today.

Of course, There could also be a fire. and then all thats left could be sold for a fraction of the value in its current state.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Now Ogg you had your chance at a speech before the full year results. Lol. You missed your boat
    I'm doing the speech this time!

I wasn't sure at the full year results so the speech didn't happen.

I feel confident it's happening on Monday for the following reasons:

• The name reservation of the holding company was done the day after the AGM.
    • The AGM video was edited not only once, but twice, at the likely request of "you know who".
    • The holding company was incorporated on Friday, which is the last step, thus making the next business day the most logical time.

It's likely that there was an informal approach the day after the AGM requesting that the video be edited and also indicating that a formal offer would be presented shortly. The video was then edited by Sky and the holding company was formed. Talks are likely happening now over the weekend. The results of the NZ election will also be known. A formal offer will likely be presented before market open on Monday and Sky will go into a trading halt. I'm guessing a full takeover at mid 20's conditional on ComCom clearance.

Disclosure: The above is all my opinion and likely wrong.

I believe the theory of a takeover more than sky turning a new leaf. Especially when looking at the history of sky NZ and attempts previously made. Then the actions of its parent Sky UK back home in Scotland. I appreciate your time guys, I'm learning all the goings-on here in NZ since moving over, as a new investor on the NZX when products, entertainment, health and care etc could all be different to back home it's taking time to build that backdrop most already have. It's nice to hear different opinions and challenge the faithful, it's good to be around people who discuss and produce the evidence. I do think Ogg is on to something though. It seems it's only the right move for Sky now

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    I believe the theory of a takeover more than sky turning a new leaf. Especially when looking at the history of sky NZ and attempts previously made. Then the actions of its parent Sky UK back home in Scotland. I appreciate your time guys, I'm learning all the goings-on here in NZ since moving over, as a new investor on the NZX when products, entertainment, health and care etc could all be different to back home it's taking time to build that backdrop most already have. It's nice to hear different opinions and challenge the faithful, it's good to be around people who discuss and produce the evidence. I do think Ogg is on to something though. It seems it's only the right move for Sky now
    To be honest, I'm looking forward to moving on from this investment. Like the Chair at the AGM said, the trend is more consolidation of media companies both here and overseas. The best move is Sky to merger with another larger company. Sky's core asset is it's 1m customer relationships and strong brand awareness in the market. The only question is how much is it worth. At 20c a share, Sky is better off trying to turn the corner. At 30c a share, today, Sky is better off joining forces with another company. With such a low market cap, healthy balance sheet, and a path to stability, the stock price isn't likely to fall from here, which makes the timing of a takeover now likely as the most opportunistic time. If a takeover doesn't happen now, then the broadband and mobile initiatives will go to market. We're only a few working weeks away from Christmas. It really is decision time. It's now or never.

Advanced Member

Seems odd there hasn't been any insider buying lately.

Last purchase was made on the 24th September.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Seems odd there hasn't been any insider buying lately.

Last purchase was made on the 24th of September.
    Yes which is unusual considering they claim a huge change for Sky, you would expect insider buying. Also, it's wasn't huge amounts of shares they bought back in Sep also.

Maybe I can take a thermo and binos then go stake out the HQ of sky in Welly. Look for any suspicious activity. Men's in suits, big briefcase,

Yes. The shares purchased was such a pitiful amount that it wasn't even worth looking at. Was disappointed that they didn't see more faith in their future decisions.