sharetrader
Page 578 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 784785285685745755765775785795805815825886286781078 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 14173

Wow absolutely nothing in that VF presentation to suggest they are looking at Sky. Very heavily internally focused

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Wow absolutely nothing in that VF presentation to suggest they are looking at Sky. Very heavily internally focused
    That’s what I was thinking too.

They would have made a move ages ago if they were keen.

I think they prefer to maintain the wholesale deal for VTV. Gives them access to a great range of content for their customers, yet they don’t have to get involved in competing for expensive rights deals.

The benefit of buying Sky (as opposed to the current arrangement) probably just isn’t there relative to other opportunities they could exploit with their capital.

Just my opinion - I hope the Believers don’t burn me at the stake.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    No, but that's what you would expect.

I think they're updating the market before the announcement to give reassurances of their long term plan for both Vodafone and CDC regardless of Sky. They're setting the foundation. Otherwise, it will be chaos if you make a big announcement. A Sky acquisition will be controversial and won't go down with all IFT investors. It's a strategic pivot into supplementary media content. This was talked about at the AGM by Marko remember, "merits of this strategy".

I'm thinking maybe timing wise, may be next month so that settlement is after April 1st or there about. Otherwise they will be holding those crappy 100m 6.5% bonds. Perfect time for a new owner of the business. So yeah, maybe announcement next month. Paperwork over Xmas. ComCom process early next year, for decision by March, payment April.

Seems as though Infratil have made an announcement today. Is this the money from the capital raise?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OCPBDTQY4DD2Y/

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I'm thinking maybe timing wise, may be next month so that settlement is after April 1st or there about. Otherwise they will be holding those crappy 100m 6.5% bonds. Perfect time for a new owner of the business. So yeah, maybe announcement next month. Paperwork over Xmas. ComCom process early next year, for decision by March, payment April.
    Or, more likely, none of that ever. If they were planning an acquisition of another company they would have had to at least commence due diligence as early as possible, and not disclosing that to the market would be in breach of continuous disclosure obligations. As neither company has made any disclosures to the NZX or ASX, there is absolutely no way any due diligence is being conducted and therefore no way there's a takeover in the wings, at all.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Seems as though Infratil have made an announcement today. Is this the money from the capital raise?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OCPBDTQY4DD2Y/
    Pretty sure that isn't related to their $300m June placement.

Don't think it's related to Infratil HC either as it would be classified as something else other than "K624040 Investment - financial assets".

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Or, more likely, none of that ever. If they were planning an acquisition of another company they would have had to at least commence due diligence as early as possible, and not disclosing that to the market would be in breach of continuous disclosure obligations. As neither company has made any disclosures to the NZX or ASX, there is absolutely no way any due diligence is being conducted and therefore no way there's a takeover in the wings, at all.
    Sky is a public company. Not much due diligence needed.

Guru

Sky is a public company. Not much due diligence needed.
    What are you smoking mate.

You realise weed hasn’t been legalised yet, right?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    What are you smoking mate.

You realise weed hasn’t been legalised yet, right?
    What are you saying? That there's all this hidden information that Infratil gets to see but we don't?

Guru

What are you saying? That there's all this hidden information that Infratil gets to see but we don't?
    Of course, they would want to take a closer look at the books, discuss the business in much more detail with management - understand current content cost break down, cost and earnings projections. Synergies.

There is no way in Hell anyone just buys Sky TV only on the publicly available information from their annual reports.

Now remember the rule mate - puff, puff...PASS!