sharetrader
Page 579 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 794795295695755765775785795805815825835896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    What are you saying? That there's all this hidden information that Infratil gets to see but we don't?
    Commerce commission approval hurdle.
    2017 was still fresh in the memory. They must have taken a few opinions and the opinions still verge on the balance of probabilities whether it will be approved by CC. If SKY was confident, they would have appeal the decision in 2017 but they didn't.

One might think in 2020 circumstances had changed a bit, but the scale of the balance might not have moved much for another merger launch.
    Last edited by SpaceZ; 21-10-2020 at 02:36 PM.

What host do Sky currently use to serve Sky Sport Now / Sky Go content?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceZ View Post
    Commerce commission approval hurdle.
    2017 was still fresh in the memory. They must have taken a few opinions and the opinions still verge on the balance of probabilities whether it will be approved by CC. If SKY was confident, they would have appeal the decision in 2017 but they didn't.

One might think in 2020 circumstances had changed a bit, but the scale of the balance might not have moved much for another merger launch.
    We've been over this before on the thread but basically, the head of the ComCom said it was a close call. The only factor was sports rights, notably OSB. The fear was that they would use the Rugby and Cricket as "must have" content and then bundle that with the new fiber roll out. Sky no longer has OSB nor the cricket. Fiber has been rolled out. Media companies internationally are consolidating due to covid. My understanding is that Vodafone pulled the pin on the merger, hence it wasn't appealed.

Anyway, that was 4 years ago. It's water under the bridge. Vodafone has a new owner. Sky is now a micro cap.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    What host do Sky currently use to serve Sky Sport Now / Sky Go content?
    https://www.brightcove.com/

Sky is a public company. Not much due diligence needed.

Advanced Member

Guru

Yes, completely identical scenarios.

The grey haired men at IFT are likely to make the same kinds of fast and decisive decisions as Zuckerberg and move with incredible speed to take a punt on a company like Sky.

God I love this forum.

For what it’s worth I think you keep making the same mistake over and over. You have decided the end state - IFT takeover - and now you spend each day trawling the internet for more ‘evidence’ (no matter how weak) that the conclusion you have preordained is just around the corner.

I am not suggesting a takeover won’t ever happen (I have no idea if and when that might occur). But you really have no evidence at all right now to back up the hype you are trying to create. I just hope you don’t put yourself on the wrong side of the authorities with your exuberance.

Then if a takeover does happen in the future you will be here trying to take credit for being a Seer. But you are kind of like the guy who month in and month out predicts the next stock market crash is nigh. On a long enough timeframe even that guy is eventually right!

Outside thinking.

..........Anyway, that was 4 years ago. It's water under the bridge. Vodafone has a new owner. Sky is now a micro cap.
    And how long have you been waiting for an imminent takeover?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes, completely identical scenarios.

The grey haired men at IFT are likely to make the same kinds of fast and decisive decisions as Zuckerberg and move with incredible speed to take a punt on a company like Sky.

God I love this forum.

For what it’s worth I think you keep making the same mistake over and over. You have decided the end state - IFT takeover - and now you spend each day trawling the internet for more ‘evidence’ (no matter how weak) that the conclusion you have preordained is just around the corner.

I am not suggesting a takeover won’t ever happen (I have no idea if and when that might occur). But you really have no evidence at all right now to back up the hype you are trying to create. I just hope you don’t put yourself on the wrong side of the authorities with your exuberance.

Then if a takeover does happen in the future you will be here trying to take credit for being a Seer. But you are kind of like the guy who month in and month out predicts the next stock market crash is nigh. On a long enough timeframe even that guy is eventually right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    And how long have you been waiting for an imminent takeover?
    I hadn't even heard of Infratil until mistaTea told me about them a few months ago. Legit 100% telling the truth...

Guru

I hadn't even heard of Infratil until mistaTea told me about them a few months ago. Legit 100% telling the truth...

What are you getting at?

Because I mused ages ago that IFT might use their CR funds towards having another crack at buying Sky?...that your mania over the last few months is somehow my fault? Get off the grass mate!

My position has remained consistent throughout - I do not particularly want a takeover at this junction (and certainly have not purchased any shares hoping for one).
    I accept that at Sky's current low market cap a takeover by someone is entirely possible - but that is a far cry from telling everyone every day that I have some kind of special insight that makes me 'know' one is coming soon.

If you can't see yourself owning shares in a business for the next 10 years, you shouldn't even think about owning it for 10 minutes - wisdom from my main man Buffett.