sharetrader
Page 584 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 844845345745805815825835845855865875885946346841084 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 14174

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I hope it’s not ogg off loading his shares
    Probably. Ramped up the company with plausible rise to greatness and talk of impending takeover.

SKT is on a long road. May not succeed. Selling broadband with a package is not the answer. They had a monopoly just about, years ago. Now they have to be super innovative. It is rocket science, just hope they have able scientists to make a decent plan, as I am not seeing it yet.

Sky getting bought up on the ASX. Up 10%. Following similar trends with Seven West Media & Southern Cross Media. Woohoo!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Probably. Ramped up the company with plausible rise to greatness and talk of impending takeover.

SKT is on a long road. May not succeed. Selling broadband with a package is not the answer. They had a monopoly just about, years ago. Now they have to be super innovative. It is rocket science, just hope they have able scientists to make a decent plan, as I am not seeing it yet.
    I still struggle to see how offering broadband is deemed as being ‘not the way to go’ or ‘not the answer’ by some.

Nobody is expecting Sky to generate huge profits from broadband. But it does give them an opportunity to offer competitive bundles and reduce churn for their core business - content aggregation.

As they offer additional services (like mobile) it hooks their customers in even deeper.

This isn’t going to happen over night (so short term investors are out) and the extent of the success is yet to be seen.

But imo this is exactly what they need to be doing. I mean, what is the alternative? Remain a single play entity but just switch everyone to streaming?
    I don’t think that alone would be wise.

Advanced Member

He's right guys. I made it all up. I spent months of my time here in an elaborate scheme to gain a few percentage points. I'll be having Watties branded beans tonight! Sky's dead bro. It only brings in $700m per year and there are only 1 million customers. It's on the way out for sure. See you later guys, I'm off to put all my profits in cannabis BNPL IPO.

Looks at where the share price has been languishing for months while everything else has gone bonkers. Not the mention the fact that it's at the bottom of an economics 101 case study level decline. That is all the evidence you need to show some sort of corporate activity is not happening.

That they still won't sell you Sky Go without you also having a set top box boggles the mind. Foxtel worked out years ago that not everyone wants to bolt a dish to their roof, but they're still a potential customer. People in share houses, students, itinerant workers, they don't want to have a box installed in the house - and Neon isn't the answer, that's closer to Binge from Foxtel. Separating out sport into an individually purchasable streaming product worked out great for Foxtel with Kayo as well - Sky still stuck on their "Starter + Sports Package".

You'd think it makes sense for them to do it that way when sporting rights is basically their only product left - but the competition is piracy (livestream, Facebook Live, etc), not going without, so the only way to win is to offer a superior product which they steadfastly refuse to do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    That they still won't sell you Sky Go without you also having a set top box boggles the mind. Foxtel worked out years ago that not everyone wants to bolt a dish to their roof, but they're still a potential customer. People in share houses, students, itinerant workers, they don't want to have a box installed in the house - and Neon isn't the answer, that's closer to Binge from Foxtel. Separating out sport into an individually purchasable streaming product worked out great for Foxtel with Kayo as well - Sky still stuck on their "Starter + Sports Package".

You'd think it makes sense for them to do it that way when sporting rights is basically their only product left - but the competition is piracy (livestream, Facebook Live, etc), not going without, so the only way to win is to offer a superior product which they steadfastly refuse to do.
    With regards to sport - Sky do have the Sky Sport NOW app, so you can just stream sports for $25/month now instead of being forced to take Sky Starter as part of a satellite package.

With regards to Sky GO - they are releasing a new version early next year that will have significant improvements. It has already been improved a lot, so I imagine the new version will have more of an OnDemand focus.

Martin mentioned a few months ago that they are looking at offering it as stand-alone. They have removed the Chromecast restriction, so they are already moving in that direction.

The release of the new Sky GO coincides with the broadband roll out. So I imagine they will offer Sky GO as a stand-alone product as well as part of their broadband bundles.

Advanced Member

mistaTea, you're wasting your time here bro. You've spent over a year trying to convince people, it an't happening. She's being sold off anyway. Time to say good bye to this old girl.

The ASX high today from memory was already over the Forsythe Barr target price. Bring on the Macquarie target price of 0.34 (from memory).

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    With regards to sport - Sky do have the Sky Sport NOW app, so you can just stream sports for $25/month now instead of being forced to take Sky Starter as part of a satellite package.

With regards to Sky GO - they are releasing a new version early next year that will have significant improvements. It has already been improved a lot, so I imagine the new version will have more of an OnDemand focus.

Martin mentioned a few months ago that they are looking at offering it as stand-alone. They have removed the Chromecast restriction, so they are already moving in that direction.

The release of the new Sky GO coincides with the broadband roll out. So I imagine they will offer Sky GO as a stand-alone product as well as part of their broadband bundles.
    Interesting. If you start browsing from their website at sky.co.nz, you'd be hard pressed to find Sky Sport Now - the only mention I see is a link in the footer of the page. Almost like they really don't want anyone subscribing to it.

Broadband bundles are certainly something that Foxtel has found some success with, though curiously they also bundle Netflix- an odd choice given they own a streaming service or two.