sharetrader
Page 586 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 864865365765825835845855865875885895905966366861086 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 14173

Might Poor water over IFT takeover..http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...943/333494.pdf

I'm fine with no takeover, I see potential and want to see where the SKT SP heads, having a takeover would be selling short.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Might Poor water over IFT takeover..http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...943/333494.pdf
    So i wonder what the large parcels going through are?

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    So i wonder what the large parcels going through are?
    Likewise. 12 million yesterday, 11 million the day before. I don’t think that’s a retail investor. Potentially 23 million shares now in the hands of someone, maybe more if smaller parcels were also purchased.

Advanced Member

No need for any despair,

Labour said they would look at funding media.
    All sky has to do is set up a local news channel, refunding that $1 so they can get OSB back.

Then the fantastic fabulous futuristic buyout will commence.
    Last edited by Getty; 14-03-2021 at 03:14 PM. Reason: respect

Guru

Certainly wasn't ridiculous to think that IFT may be interested given the low SKT market cap. But this latest announcements certainly puts an end to that speculation -as I said earlier, the benefit to them of taking on Sky probably just isn't there compared to their wholesale arrangement with Vodafone TV. And they must not think Sky entering the telco market is a big enough threat relative to other opportunities available to them.

Of course, a company like Discovery could be interested. But then again, they might prefer to maintain their existing Sky arrangement and grow TV3. Sky TV is a cash cow for them, they don't have to do anything and the cash keeps rolling in. So they may also decide that the current arrangement is satisfactory and there is no need to buy. Who knows - certainly not me.

My preference remains for Sky to remain a listed company and pursue their transformation/growth plans. I believe Sky will be here in 10 years. It will be a very different company, but still a very profitable one in my view.

Opening auction looking better this morning.could we see a breakout today?

Advanced Member

No take over. Stock goes up. I'm done here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Typical of the NzX. Past few months, companies making a decent profit have seen their share price dive. However report a loss and watch the share price increase.

I’m starting to think I need to change my investment strategy and do the opposite of what my research and analysis says to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Still keen to know what conclusion you came to 4 mins before that announcement! that timing was uncanny....