sharetrader
Page 601 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915975985996006016026036046056116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Back on the hunt for more takeover evidence...

New job listings, 2 days ago, at Discovery Inc.

Director, Corporate Development APAC:

https://sg.linkedin.com/jobs/view/di...a-83fbda1db624

Discovery’s Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions, partnerships and investments. The team also supports the development and execution of company-wide corporate strategy and assists business units/divisions in evaluating new business and/or cross organization opportunities. The Director, Corporate Development APAC will be responsible for working with Discovery’s senior leadership team across the APAC region to source, evaluate, and execute potential corporate transactions and business development opportunities in support of the company’s mid-to-long range strategy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Back on the hunt for more takeover evidence...

https://sg.linkedin.com/jobs/view/di...a-83fbda1db624

Now please also find some more 'evidence' to show that Comcast are getting ready to make an offer we can't refuse.

I only get giddy when you promise me imminent bidding wars between two heavy weights.

FY21 EBITDA projected to be between $125M - $140M. What would be a 'reasonable' multiple given the hiding Sky has taken in terms of quoted value? The Board could look shareholders in the eye if they endorsed a multiple of 5?

So an offer of $625M (~36c/share) - $700M (~40c/share) will be a good starting point thank you very much.

Then the bidding war will push it up to 50c.

Please tell me this is real Ogg, you are the only reliable source of good Sky TV information I have...

[QUOTE=Ogg;852948]Back on the hunt for more takeover evidence...

How about you launch a fake takeover bid with the NZX by giving notice, i am sure it will trigger the share price movement?

Advanced Member

https://www.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/j...2e068f46ea1233

Posted on 26 Oct 2020
    61 applications

Ability to analyze, structure, and prepare discussion materials for a variety of potential deals - including acquisitions, combinations, joint ventures, minority investments, and other equity transactions, as well as large-scale new business ventures.

Ogg have you applied for these jobs?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ogg have you applied for these jobs?
    -Apply for job
    -Successful
    -Buy Sky shares
    -Recommend Sky TV as a takeover target
    -Happens.jpeg
    -Sell shares
    -Leave job

Advanced Member

The only questions is weather Discovery does a partnership deal or takeover.

This is Discovery's recent deal with Sky UK:

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...aming-service/

It looks like a good arrangement, however, something like this is unlikely to move the shareprice in the short term.

They need to roll out the new Sky box ASAP.

Seems like Sky NZ will end up with all these "partnership" deals, which should work well long term but only a consolidation will unlock shareholder value.

Sky box is set to be released in 2022 from memory. I don't know why the hold up, especially given that it's just a rebranded nvidia shield. Frustrates me how slow they are moving in that department.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    Sky box is set to be released in 2022 from memory. I don't know why the hold up, especially given that it's just a rebranded nvidia shield. Frustrates me how slow they are moving in that department.
    Yep, and employee family trails of the new box for another 2 years on top probably.

Martin hard at work with that $2m salary.

Blair disappeared into the woods somewhere...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    My understanding was that they have only done surveys at this point and are considering whether there is a market for a new STB. They seemed pretty keen on the idea, but the media release was based on a 'leaked' customer survey - not a firm commitment by Sky to do it.

Nvidia Shield does look good, but I am still not totally convinced that this is the right way for Sky to go.

Customers are already well served in the streaming STB market, and most consumers tend to favour apps now. So the new Sky GO app (releasing early next year) is of more immediate interest to me.

The one major thing Nvidia does have going for it is that it is pretty good at surfacing content from multiple subs to your Home Page for convenience. So I suppose Sky could leverage that so that when they offer bundles that include NETFLIX, DISNEY+, Amazon Prime etc...all content from those subs could be presented in one handy UI for the user.

If Nvidia can do that well it will solve a big problem for consumers (navigating multiple platforms to find content) and I suspect would be popular and a positive for Sky. The upscaling feature is also a plus.

But if it just ends up being a new STB with a UI that is a bit nicer than Vodafone TV - then no thanks.