sharetrader
Page 602 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1025025525925985996006016026036046056066126527021102 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    My understanding was that they have only done surveys at this point and are considering whether there is a market for a new STB. They seemed pretty keen on the idea, but the media release was based on a 'leaked' customer survey - not a firm commitment by Sky to do it.

Nvidia Shield does look good, but I am still not totally convinced that this is the right way for Sky to go.

Customers are already well served in the streaming STB market, and most consumers tend to favour apps now. So the new Sky GO app (releasing early next year) is of more immediate interest to me.

The one major thing Nvidia does have going for it is that it is pretty good at surfacing content from multiple subs to your Home Page for convenience. So I suppose Sky could leverage that so that when they offer bundles that include NETFLIX, DISNEY+, Amazon Prime etc...all content from those subs could be presented in one handy UI for the user.

If Nvidia can do that well it will solve a big problem for consumers (navigating multiple platforms to find content) and I suspect would be popular and a positive for Sky. The upscaling feature is also a plus.

But if it just ends up being a new STB with a UI that is a bit nicer than Vodafone TV - then no thanks.
    Any follow up questions to this, send to mistaTea@sky.co.nz

My understanding was that they have only done surveys at this point and are considering whether there is a market for a new STB. They seemed pretty keen on the idea, but the media release was based on a 'leaked' customer survey - not a firm commitment by Sky to do it.

Nvidia Shield does look good, but I am still not totally convinced that this is the right way for Sky to go.

Customers are already well served in the streaming STB market, and most consumers tend to favour apps now. So the new Sky GO app (releasing early next year) is of more immediate interest to me.

The one major thing Nvidia does have going for it is that it is pretty good at surfacing content from multiple subs to your Home Page for convenience. So I suppose Sky could leverage that so that when they offer bundles that include NETFLIX, DISNEY+, Amazon Prime etc...all content from those subs could be presented in one handy UI for the user.

If Nvidia can do that well it will solve a big problem for consumers (navigating multiple platforms to find content) and I suspect would be popular and a positive for Sky. The upscaling feature is also a plus.

But if it just ends up being a new STB with a UI that is a bit nicer than Vodafone TV - then no thanks.
    Nvidia Shield is a awesome box, I have one a long with 3 other STB that we use at home. I am also a fan of apps vs a box and feel this is a better direction for Sky, more accessible this way. I didn't know that the STB wasn't 100 percent set to go and confirmed by Sky.

Just signed up for sky sport, free install and $7/week for a year

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    $7/week for a year
    0.069 cents per minute, great deal.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Any follow up questions to this, send to mistaTea@sky.co.nz
    To be fair, I have proven to be a much more reliable source of information than Egg!

Advanced Member

To be fair, I have proven to be a much more reliable source of information than Egg!
    True, but let me choose the right time to buy tho...

This face will haunt me tonight

[/QUOTE]

The face of 2020 haha. Seems like a forward thinking strategy. They are signing up and telemarketing left right and centre. Package with spark, rally new sign ups with good deals, should be a good year of growth ahead if they keep this sort of direction up.

https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/banx8jjf

Comcast corporate earnings tomorrow.

Guru

https://www.spark.co.nz/shop/endless...fTRMXRR5vw_wcB

Spark doing their part to bolster our NEON subs...

Let's see what kind of specials they offer to kick start their Spark Sport + Sky Sport NOW bundles mid November.