sharetrader
Page 620 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1205205706106166176186196206216226236246306707201120 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 14180
    Guru

Covid vaccine announced - proven to be 90% effective.

Wonderful day for humanity.

Oil has leapt nearly 10%.
    European markets jumped by 6%.

What are we predicting today for Sky? A DROP of 5%?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Covid vaccine announced - proven to be 90% effective.

Wonderful day for humanity.

Oil has leapt nearly 10%.
    European markets jumped by 6%.

What are we predicting today for Sky? A DROP of 5%?
    Surely with all the positive news in the market today and no talks from OGG about a "takeover" we can expect to see a 1% DROP, Sky is on the up.

Advanced Member

Another day on here....

Investors still say that Chorus is worth over $4B. I would think that Chorus shares would be going down significantly if what you are saying (imminent mass exodus from fibre to internet via satellite) is a given.
    Unlikely, chorus can't get fibre to farms and rural areas where people would typically use wireless/satellite internet, different markets.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Unlikely, chorus can't get fibre to farms and rural areas where people would typically use wireless/satellite internet, different markets.
    Yes, agreed - rural communities will clearly benefit from wireless tech - whether it is 5G, or Starlink or something else.

The previous comments were suggesting that the new wireless tech is going to be a replacement for fibre - and therefore Sky's entry into Broadband is too little, too late (because the infrastructure they will rely on to deliver broadband will be obsolete).

I don't see that as a certainty (or even likely). And Chorus investors clearly think the business has a bright future and will not be made obsolete with these new technologies coming online.
    Ergo, Sky will do just fine in the broadband market if they execute well.

And the rural market is not a key target area for Sky anyway - these customers are already well served with Sky's satellite offering and less likely to cancel their subs. Sky will be going after their urban customers who are in fibre-ready areas so that they can reward them with discounted bundles and reduce the chance of them getting any silly ideas about cancelling.

come on Sky you can join the party up 2.7% - Scared to even mention this with this stock.

Guru

Sky's quoted value was savaged when COVID first hit the international community. The market cap dropped from 70c (~$272M) to 30c (~$117M) virtually over night.

If there was any kind of rational thinking from the market towards this business, then Sky should benefit disproportionately from news that a 90% effective vaccine is going to begin rollout by Christmas.

But, alas - no. I see the market cap is now $264M. $8M less than it was pre-COVID...even though the business has no debt now and a nice little war chest to speed up the transition to streaming and becoming a telco.

Given the lunacy of the market behaviour, this is why I stress that regularly looking at the quoted value of Sky will only serve to frustrate you. If you are confident in the business and the future plans, and happy to hold then you will be better off not looking at the stock price for weeks (if not months) at a time.

Advanced Member

Sky's quoted value was savaged when COVID first hit the international community. The market cap dropped from 70c (~$272M) to 30c (~$117M) virtually over night.

If there was any kind of rational thinking from the market towards this business, then Sky should benefit disproportionately from news that a 90% effective vaccine is going to begin rollout by Christmas.

But, alas - no. I see the market cap is now $264M. $8M less than it was pre-COVID...even though the business has no debt now and a nice little war chest to speed up the transition to streaming and becoming a telco.

Given the lunacy of the market behaviour, this is why I stress that regularly looking at the quoted value of Sky will only serve to frustrate you. If you are confident in the business and the future plans, and happy to hold then you will be better off not looking at the stock price for weeks (if not months) at a time.

Wait, SKT actually had a positive day today vs my ATM shares dropping. What is this world coming to?