sharetrader
Page 629 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1295295796196256266276286296306316326336396797291129 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 14177

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Wow. I thought 5-1 might have been too aggressive. Does anyone know the cost of a share consolidation. For some reason I'm thinking 12mil in my head not sure why. If that is the case might be out of sky's budget and planning at this stage
    The register is electronic so it shouldn’t be that expensive even though it’s across two exchanges. I would have thought it was admin fees, and mail out costs mostly. But I suppose there’s be a few lawyer head hours and internal meeting costs. So maybe that makes in 10mil? Lol. I really have no idea.

Dam should have been a lawyer.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Mista tea got to Ogg yesterday with the post from yesterday.
    Actually Ogg had already sold the shares before I shared the Phaedrus post.

I think it is fair to say that both of us have reflected on our behaviour after really absorbing the lesson from Phaedrus.

Especially me - I have been a horses ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    For the sake of my mental health I've had to trim a bit of my holdings. It was ridiculous how much stock I had. You can expect to see more normal posts from me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Actually Ogg had already sold the shares before I shared the Phaedrus post.

I think it is fair to say that both of us have reflected on our behaviour after really absorbing the lesson from Phaedrus.

Especially me - I have been a horses ass.
    Just a little. Glad we have stopped the take over talk. Sky's in it for the long haul.
    Back to normal talk about directions and my questions that haven't been answered. 😜

The biggest ramper has trimmed his holding. Why? Investing elsewhere? Ogg please tell us what to do. This thread has been a piece of history and now we are all lost.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ogg how much did you sell. Fair enough but surely the Take over is only a day away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion_graf View Post
    The biggest ramper has trimmed his holding. Why? Investing elsewhere? Ogg please tell us what to do. This thread has been a piece of history and now we are all lost.
    I trimmed about 1/3 of my holdings at low 16's average.

Look, I'm hugely overweight in this stock. This is my first sell since my first entry into this stock back in March.

I built up a massive position on the assumption that a takeover was imminent but I've been proved wrong. I've had to take some risk off the table and rebalance things in my life.

I was devastated when IFT announced that they were using their liquidity to buy Qscan. It's obvious that they have no interest in buying Sky, at least not anytime soon.

A takeover could still happen any day but it seems likely that it won't happen this year. Sky and Discovery need to get ComCom clearance before any talks. I doubt anything will happen over the Christmas/NY holidays. The next major news will be half year results in February.

The broadband announcement will likely not move the stock much. Maybe some Sharesies users will buy in but it won't effect Sky's earnings. It's more of a long term strategic strategy to reduce churn.

Having said all that, the earnings upgrades confirms that Sky is back on track and most of the risk about a "Blockbuster" collapse is gone. Not that there was any risk of that happening anyway. The point is, the market is finally realising that this company isn't dying. This should confirm it's place in the NZX50.

It's disappointing that the market doesn't value Sky the way I see it. It is what it is. You can't blame people. Who has the balls to buy in a massive downtrend like this anyway. Just mention this company's name to any of your friends and it sends a shivers down their spine. The company is cursed! Even Sharesies has banned them, just lol.

I still have plenty left on the table here. Maybe a takeover comes, maybe it doesn't. I'm more comfortable about my holdings now and I can sleep at night.

The moral of the story is, don't buy in a down trend. Buy a stock that will be around in 100 years - even if it has no earnings and is complete bullsh!t. At least this way you have something to tell the next sucker who buys your holdings.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I trimmed about 1/3 of my holdings at low 16's average.

Look, I'm hugely overweight in this stock. This is my first sell since my first entry into this stock back in March.

Good move, well done.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Good move, well done.
    Agreed, Ogg has taken a sensible course of action.

Ogg did you just sell another 1M offmarket?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ogg did you just sell another 1M offmarket?
    That's funny. You're going to get sh*t now Ogg every time someone sells and the price goes down.