sharetrader
Page 630 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1305305806206266276286296306316326336346406807301130 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 14174
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Good move, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agreed, Ogg has taken a sensible course of action.
    There's nothing good about this.

I blame Martin for everything.

If I were CEO I wouldn't have done the placement. It was stupid and unnecessary. The timing was terrible and they had enough liquidity. The problem was that they bought RugbyPass (which was a mistake) and went directly into broadband. They should have just done a partnership deal for both. This would of avoided doing a placement. All the placement has done is thrown holders like NZRU under the bus and created a toxic share registry.

As CEO, I would have stripped out all the costs, closed down OSB, done partnership deals with RugbyPass and either Vodafone or 2degrees for the broadband. I would have sold off or closed down Neon. I wouldn't have bought Lightbox either.

I would have focused 100% of my time on doing a merger and working with the ComCom and ministry of broadcasting. I would have used the bondholders to my advantage and left them high and dry until a merger was done. With only 300m shares on issue, I reckon I could have gotten $2.50, which would have been a descent outcome.

Martin should walk. It's a joke he's on $2m salary.

Unless the take over comes. Haha. I am going to take a bit of a break from looking at Price as Mista has recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    There's nothing good about this.

If I were CEO I wouldn't have done the placement. It was stupid and unnecessary. The timing was terrible and they had enough liquidity. The problem was that they bought RugbyPass (which was a mistake) and went directly into broadband. They should have just done a partnership deal for both. This would of avoided doing a placement. All the placement has done is thrown holders like NZRU under the bus and created a toxic share registry.

As CEO, I would have stripped out all the costs, closed down OSB, done partnership deals with RugbyPass and either Vodafone or 2degrees for the broadband. I would have sold off or closed down Neon. I wouldn't have bought Lightbox either.

I would have focused 100% of my time on doing a merger and working with the ComCom and ministry of broadcasting. I would have used the bondholders to my advantage and left them high and dry until a merger was done. With only 300m shares on issue, I reckon I could have gotten $2.50, which would have been a descent outcome.

Martin should walk. It's a joke he's on $2m salary.
    And that Ogg is why your not in charge.

They should just rebrand to SKY High

DFABPCLMB

A lot of what you mentioned is decided by the Board, not the CEO. The CEO has input to the process but is not the sole decision maker in all things strategic. I'm sure the CEO is working with the cards he has been dealt. Some of which would have come from the Board, others being a carry-over from John Fellet and some of his own making. Any blame, in this instance, cannot be placed at the feet of one person. Solving significant business issues can be like trying to turn the QE2 around - they take time. In an organisation of this size, you wouldn't want a Board and CEO who react instantly to any external factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

If I remember right it was usually a Friday we would see a huge buy order right at the end of the day wheneverr sky saw increases since it's FYR20 then suddenly the price would drop come Monday arvo. Again only a buy order when we saw a price increase. Wonder if we will get one this afternoon come 4 pm
    Last edited by LEMON; 13-11-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    A lot of what you mentioned is decided by the Board, not the CEO. The CEO has input to the process but is not the sole decision maker in all things strategic. I'm sure the CEO is working with the cards he has been dealt. Some of which would have come from the Board, others being a carry-over from John Fellet and some of his own making. Any blame, in this instance, cannot be placed at the feet of one person. Solving significant business issues can be like trying to turn the QE2 around - they take time. In an organisation of this size, you wouldn't want a Board and CEO who react instantly to any external factors.
    Who else is on the board, Handley, just lol. Blair who's disappeared into a mysterious role, just lol. Smith, the man with 100 directorship , just lol. Paterson, who came and left, just lol. Bowman and Martin, both imports from the UK, just lol.

It's a joke. I can think of 3 people on this forum that could do a better job.

Also OGG you don't need to excuse yourself for selling shares you're not committed to anyone here. We all need to take responsibility for our self whether we like it or not. Good choice I think on your behalf

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Also OGG you don't need to excuse yourself for selling shares you're not committed to anyone here. We all need to take responsibility for our self whether we like it or not. Good choice I think on your behalf
    I'm just pissed a takeover hasn't happened.

DFABPCLMB

If poor decisions have been made and, in your opinion, the Board is a "joke" then, QED, you cannot blame the CEO.